Baker ski on Coleman/Deming

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the 3 guys you are talking about were our party. Were you guys the party of 5 camped nearby us? Toby was the tele skier in a party of 2 with his girlfriend, I believe camped a bit below? Anyways, what nice snow for this time of year! So smooth and nice, I read a TR about suncups on the S side of Adams, none of that here, just nice silk. What a nice trip that was.

alpentalcorey said:

I think the 3 guys you are talking about were our party. Were you guys the party of 5 camped nearby us? Toby was the tele skier in a party of 2 with his girlfriend, I believe camped a bit below? Anyways, what nice snow for this time of year! So smooth and nice, I read a TR about suncups on the S side of Adams, none of that here, just nice silk. What a nice trip that was.

Yeah that group of five was us, the ski down from camp must have been good, we covered almost all of it in two glissades. It sounds like it rained a bit fri night, sat morn. Probebly smoothed things out. I sure wish I had been on skis.

That's a good point, I never thought about the effect of the rain (it did rain, we waited it out in our tent at ~5900 sat morning before we moved the camp up to where we both were) in terms of smoothing everything out. It wasn't a hard rain really but I imagine now that it must have had some effect.