• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

erik said:

the one in the finger crack?

i used that for a rappell directional, so that ones rope would not get caught in the in libra crack, when pulled.

why change something to make it better for you? not really a woodsman's approach to the challenge. why not change yourself?

either way what is done is done.

Phuk'n left wing tree hugg'n butt pirates madgo_ron.gif

chop'm all down, so I can see where the H#!! i'm going like we don't have enough phuk'n scrub trees and brush in Wa allready

What really pisssss me off ( insert Troll) is when those Cali and Colo mofo's come here with there tree hugg'n politics the_finger.gif

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

As a postscript I did cut down the maple at the base of Godzilla last year (no troll) yelrotflmao.gif

I checked for Uncle Tricky hanging out in a portaledge first. He wasn't there.

There was some woman at the base of a nearby climb. I walked by her with a chain saw and said, "I'm going to make a little noise." She glared at me as I dropped the tree into the swamp but never said a thing. hahaha.gif

I recently received a grant from BC Forestries and the Twixelptiluiptic tribe to consult on the restoration of the Stawamus Chief to the condition it was in when the First People made their way over the land bridge from asia. The result of our efforts can be seen below. It should look even more impressive from the new Tram to the summit that is currently under construction.

Before:

9309before.jpg

After:

9309after.jpg

Heh - This old thread brings up a good question - Are there times and places where cutting down some trees is a good thing for the area as a whole? While touchy I'm sure I'd argue most definitely yes. Parks and other "developed spaces" have a lot of benefits vastly outweighing the small patch of trees sacrificed in their making. (Forests etc should still be protected, don't get me wrong here.)

Good example: Index Walls. Obviously there's a lot of "growth" around the base that's a nuisance to climbers (lots of "weed trees" among the old, proud trees) We also have talked lately about the upper wall trundling issues and how increasing foot traffic in the area might help with this issue. Why not turn the lower wall into a "park" of some sort? Thin out the weed trees, landscape the area, throw some grass down and boom! Nice open park to visit, hike to the top from, eat lunch at etc etc - Crazy non PC idea? You bet evils3d.gifevils3d.gif