Mt JungleGym TR and Necronomicon sighting

Cpt.Caveman

mattp said:

Careful there, Cavey. Your partner GregW was admonishing me about the evils of "aggressive route cleaning" just the other day. You never know who might turn out to be a tree hugger. Hell, I bet you even hugged a tree up there on Mount JungleGym.

That's a different definition.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cpt.Caveman said:

THanks I had to beat my chest.

you've posted what? 4 trs about your little weekend adventure, and still havent been able to articulate what the heck you did

oh i guess complete thoughts get taught in the second grade, nevermind, i'll wait until next year

vkaspar said:

Cpt.Caveman said:

you've posted what? 4 trs about your little weekend adventure, and still havent been able to articulate what the heck you did

oh i guess complete thoughts get taught in the second grade, nevermind, i'll wait until next year

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifyelrotflmao.gif

mattp said:

Careful there, Cavey. Your partner GregW was admonishing me about the evils of "aggressive route cleaning" just the other day. You never know who might turn out to be a tree hugger. Hell, I bet you even hugged a tree up there on Mount JungleGym.

I'm always telling new tree climbers, "don't be a tree hugger," it's really poor form, kind of like using your knees while rock climbing.

THIS THREAD WOULD BE REALLY GREAT IN THE NEW TREE CLIMBING FORUM

Wirlwind reread your posts; you sound like a class A moron. wazzup.gif

vkaspar said:

Cpt.Caveman said:

That's ok I dont care to offer any info for dumbfucks like you. It's been a long time since I've seen ya post. WHat happened a stick get caught in your ass?

erik said:

Bill_Simpkins said:

The tree prevented getting the rope caught in Libra Crack when pulling. Bummer.

THATS WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING!!!!

IT ALSO GAVE SOLACE TO NEW LEADERS SKETCHED ON FINGER CRACKS.

Hey, jumping into the deep end is the best way to learn to swim. I never had a prob pulling my rope when I rapped down on the right side of that tree.

I never had a problem with that tree, and I HAVE had a problem pulling my ropes there before, but I'd have to say that, in general, I applaud anybody who takes it upon themself to clean up bushes and trees that are encroaching on climbs at Index. The Great Northern Slab is a beginner's climbing crag, in what was formerly a quarry. It is not a nature preserve. Did they do a clean job of it?

Probably one of those ever aesthetic root balls, still good for a handhold. For a year or two. But no worry, in a couple of years once it's rotting it'll give the GNS that Squamish feel.

Marauding youths or not, Squamish is sooooo nice. I have almost no desire to revisit Index now that I've spent a long weekend up there.

mattp said:

I never had a problem with that tree, and I HAVE had a problem pulling my ropes there before, but I'd have to say that, in general, I applaud anybody who takes it upon themself to clean up bushes and trees that are encroaching on climbs at Index. The Great Northern Slab is a beginner's climbing crag, in what was formerly a quarry. It is not a nature preserve. Did they do a clean job of it?

Of course we did a good job. Layton assisted a bit and I confrimed with him about the idea beforehand. I asked if I could use his name here and he is ok with that.

Check it out! It's a beaut.

BTW if you get your ropes caught in Libra Crack you are throwing them in the wrong direction. Besides who cares.

I pulled lots of bushes and big trundle of death rocks at crags before. It's not like someone should deserve a chestbeating slap on the back for it. Most of the time I found it is in the interest of the party ascending. But thanks for it everyone else out there.

We even spit shined the crack so a bomber cam will go in. If you cant put that cam in then try harder. It's not like it's a 5.10 death route with no pro.

I had a bet that Erik would be one of the first foos to complain. I was RIGHT. hahaha.gifthe_finger.gif