Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • olyclimber

      WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

      We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Jarred_Jackman

Climbers jumped at Squamish!!!

Recommended Posts

So I have had Canadian vandalism too..Redoubt approach..sucks

 

I guess I take my plates off of my car when I park!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
erik said:

Greg_W said:

jefffski said:

again, please do not come here looking for a fight. go trash your own country.

 

I never go anywhere looking for a fight. "Discretion is the better part of valor," as they say.

 

use some then. i have a gun blah blah blah..i am american blah blah blah....i'll fight annd kill and win.blah blah blah..

 

 

Behold...the male version of allison/marylou...just as annoying, nonsensical, and just as pointless to talk to. hellno3d.gifhellno3d.gif You are fucking ponderous, man; I don't get your brand of shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my friend's truck was left w/it's WA plates, in a turn out along the highway to squamish for several hours w/a fair amount of gear in it w/ no problems.

 

Shit happens everywhere. the incident in question is truly unfortunate. but it could've happened here so don't be so shocked and offended that it happened in Canada. In fact, i seem to recall several violent incidences that happened to innocent muslim citizens of the US not so long after 9-11.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
minx said:

my friend's truck was left w/it's WA plates, in a turn out along the highway to squamish for several hours w/a fair amount of gear in it w/ no problems.

 

Shit happens everywhere. the incident in question is truly unfortunate. but it could've happened here so don't be so shocked and offended that it happened in Canada. In fact, i seem to recall several violent incidences that happened to innocent muslim citizens of the US not so long after 9-11.

 

Or the breakins at Exit 38 (wherever that is).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I say we set up a sting and start nailing some of these bastards on both sides of the border. Fill a truck with goodies and leave it at various, troublesome trail heads and have an overnight pub club near by with rotating lookouts. When the buggers come, surround them and beat them with short sections of garden hose till they pass out. Then have one or two of us turn them in to the cops and claim they attacked. boxing_smiley.gifevils3d.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a difference between defending yourself when you are in the situation and simlpy spouting off like an idiot about it on an internet message board. I'm glad all you tough guys think it's cool to gloat about what you'd do with those punks, or how you'd run them over with your small penis truck, or how you'd shove your gun up their asses.

 

In reality, you have no fucking clue how you'd act if the situation actually got out of control and you were surrounded by 20 drunk morons. Maybe you'd fight 1 or 2 and the rest would give up and take off. Maybe you'd fight them and they'd feed off each other and gang beat you to death. Maybe you'd whip out your "i'm a big man" gun and shoot one, only to find yourself on trial 6 months later.

 

I'm all about standing up for myself and putting people in line if need be, but it isn't always the best way to deal with a situation. Sometimes you are better off laying low and letting the situation blow over. I care about my life enough that if I'm better off backing down, I will.

 

Greg et al, when you blow this simpleton attitude out your ass about fighting back and showing those punks a lesson, you aren't showing the value you have for your life, you are showing that you'll do whatever nescessary to save face and look like a tough guy. rolleyes.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
trask said:

I want to get drunk and screw

 

We could probably fit some time in there for you before we turn them over to the authorities. Just don't leave any DNA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JoshK said:

There is a difference between defending yourself when you are in the situation and simlpy spouting off like an idiot about it on an internet message board. I'm glad all you tough guys think it's cool to gloat about what you'd do with those punks, or how you'd run them over with your small penis truck, or how you'd shove your gun up their asses.

 

In reality, you have no fucking clue how you'd act if the situation actually got out of control and you were surrounded by 20 drunk morons. Maybe you'd fight 1 or 2 and the rest would give up and take off. Maybe you'd fight them and they'd feed off each other and gang beat you to death. Maybe you'd whip out your "i'm a big man" gun and shoot one, only to find yourself on trial 6 months later.

 

I'm all about standing up for myself and putting people in line if need be, but it isn't always the best way to deal with a situation. Sometimes you are better off laying low and letting the situation blow over. I care about my life enough that if I'm better off backing down, I will.

 

Greg et al, when you blow this simpleton attitude out your ass about fighting back and showing those punks a lesson, you aren't showing the value you have for your life, you are showing that you'll do whatever nescessary to save face and look like a tough guy. rolleyes.gif

 

so just let them do it to someone else? the French tried that... it didn't work too well did it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
trask said:

I want to get drunk and screw

 

Fence_Sitter said:

yellaf.gif sounds good man... le's doo it

 

SOUNDS LIKE YOU TWO HAVE AN EVENING PLANNED.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
erik said:

trask said:

I want to get drunk and screw

 

Fence_Sitter said:

yellaf.gif sounds good man... le's doo it

 

SOUNDS LIKE YOU TWO HAVE AN EVENING PLANNED.

rolleyes.gif in your dreams tubbo pitty.gifmoon.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fence_Sitter said:so just let them do it to someone else? the French tried that... it didn't work too well did it?

 

The French did what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fence_Sitter said:

JoshK said:

There is a difference between defending yourself when you are in the situation and simlpy spouting off like an idiot about it on an internet message board. I'm glad all you tough guys think it's cool to gloat about what you'd do with those punks, or how you'd run them over with your small penis truck, or how you'd shove your gun up their asses.

 

In reality, you have no fucking clue how you'd act if the situation actually got out of control and you were surrounded by 20 drunk morons. Maybe you'd fight 1 or 2 and the rest would give up and take off. Maybe you'd fight them and they'd feed off each other and gang beat you to death. Maybe you'd whip out your "i'm a big man" gun and shoot one, only to find yourself on trial 6 months later.

 

I'm all about standing up for myself and putting people in line if need be, but it isn't always the best way to deal with a situation. Sometimes you are better off laying low and letting the situation blow over. I care about my life enough that if I'm better off backing down, I will.

 

Greg et al, when you blow this simpleton attitude out your ass about fighting back and showing those punks a lesson, you aren't showing the value you have for your life, you are showing that you'll do whatever nescessary to save face and look like a tough guy. rolleyes.gif

 

so just let them do it to someone else? the French tried that... it didn't work too well did it?

 

What?! Your reading comprehension is obviously lacking. there is a big difference between withdrawing from the current situation and notifying the proper people, etc. (which, unfortunately, seems to have failed in this case) and "sticking up" for yourself and getting beat to shit or killed just so you can prove you won't take it. Also, those of us with brains realize that simply coming back after the fact and shooting some people is only going to result in you getting ass raped for 10-to-life. My point, boiled down, is I laugh at the tough guy attitudes you guys show off on the internet. I'd like to see what you would have *actually* done had you been surround by 20 angry drunks, and if you had decided going tough guy was the way to go, I'd like to see where it would have got you. hahaha.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, those of us with brains realize that simply coming back after the fact and shooting some people is only going to result in you getting ass raped for 10-to-life.

 

did anyone here advocate this? uhhhh no... obviously someone elses reading comprehension must be considered... rolleyes.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JoshK said:

In reality, you have no fucking clue how you'd act if the situation actually got out of control and you were surrounded by 20 drunk morons.

 

Wrong, fucko, I've been there. Worry about how you would react and I'll ponder how I will. Don't concern yourself with what I will or won't do; it's none of your business.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Greg_W said:

JoshK said:

In reality, you have no fucking clue how you'd act if the situation actually got out of control and you were surrounded by 20 drunk morons.

 

Wrong, fucko, I've been there. Worry about how you would react and I'll ponder how I will. Don't concern yourself with what I will or won't do; it's none of your business.

 

UH GREG, YOU HAVE JUST SPENT THE LAST TWO PAGES TELLNG US YOUR BUSINESS AND HOW YOU WOULD KILL/BEAT THEM..SO THERE FOR YOU HAVE ALLOWED US IN YOUR BUSINESS.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
erik said:

Greg_W said:

JoshK said:

In reality, you have no fucking clue how you'd act if the situation actually got out of control and you were surrounded by 20 drunk morons.

 

Wrong, fucko, I've been there. Worry about how you would react and I'll ponder how I will. Don't concern yourself with what I will or won't do; it's none of your business.

 

UH GREG, YOU HAVE JUST SPENT THE LAST TWO PAGES TELLNG US YOUR BUSINESS AND HOW YOU WOULD KILL/BEAT THEM..SO THERE FOR YOU HAVE ALLOWED US IN YOUR BUSINESS.

 

 

Exactly. Yet more tough speak from Greg the tough guy and his tough guy posse.

 

So, Greg, fine, let's say you know *exactly* how you'd act. Being the tough guy you are, you would start throwing punches, stabbing knives, shooting guns, whatever. Are you telling me you can predict exactly how the 20 other guys will react? Can you guarantee one of them won't shoot/knife you? Your argument that not fighting means you have no value for your life is, like most of your arguments, simplistict and wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

when i was young and foolish (now i'm old and foolish), i imagined that i would act heroically (ie like on tv) if i was involved in a violent situation. but one day i learned how REAL violence is.

 

i was at the supermarket, pushing my buggy down aisle one, when i heard some noise at the front of the store. i returned to see. There were three men, one brandishing a big silver handgun, yelling at the cashiers to open the tills and for everyone else not to move.

 

my feet stuck to the floor and my eyes followed the movement of the gun , like a puppy, as the robber waved it around. i could have backed down the aisle slowly without being noticed but i did not even move a toe.

 

scarey as shiit.

 

they left within 2 minutes and y'know, i couldn't even give a description except "there were three guys and one of them had a gun".

 

not at all what i imagined it would be like. sure wasn't like tv.

 

unless you're trained to deal with violence you're going to act like a moron if you try to do anything except nuthin'.

 

that shannon had the presence of mind to call 911 (twice!) shows that he has balls.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember an incident that happened this past year when some local climbers who post here got the windows shot out of their truck while sleeping in the back of it. That was in/near Mt Rainier Park.

 

There wasnt any talk about going back and dishing out a bloodbath on "them hicks" then, it was written off as something that just happens in the Carbonado neck of the woods.

 

After I read this story I asked a friend who lives in Squamish about whether an incident occurred. He confirmed, though after reading the posts provided here he mentioned that they seemed to be somewhat overstated (his opinion, not mine).

 

I don't doubt that whatever happened to the climbers sucked, and I'm sorry you had a bad time up there. You got away relatively uninjured, and thats important.

 

Personally, I am not going to alter my plans for climbing at Squamish or elsewhere in Canada over this incident. I am not going to knock any heads when confronted by people who clearly want nothing but trouble. I will run away fast. Tents can be replaced, my spleen can't. Drunks are drunks in any country, and escalating at the scene isnt going to serve any purpose but to get you killed.

 

Other than to vent your frustrations about what you think was an indaquate response by the RCMP, I don't see what can be gained by raising the roof on KOMO, at the American Consulate, and other places.

 

I sympathize with your experience, and I hope someone will be held accountable, but I don't look forward to seeing this on the 6 oclock news.

 

Alex

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×