Climbers jumped at Squamish!!!

Jarred_Jackman

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I camped out on the Spit at Squamish this last weekend and had a few nagging doubts about feeling that exposed in a place where kids obviously party from time to time. While everything went off without a hitch, I think I'll be a bit more hesitant about camping there in the future, or at least camp with a larger group when I can.

I don't know what to make of Shannon's experience. I do look forward to seeing more of the details confirmed and hearing what RCMP has to say about it, if anything.

Alex said:I sympathize with your experience, and I hope someone will be held accountable, but I don't look forward to seeing this on the 6 oclock news.

I think we can expect this to make the news because it's yet another fearful experience to present to the sedated public. "From the station that brought you Y2K, and killer tooth paste, we are proud to present, 'Crazy Canadians Target Innocent Americans'. Folks, you won't want to miss this shocking story, and what you can do to sneak your personal firearm over the border to protect your loved ones. Stay tuned. Back after these messages. Cue ad for Colgate Toothpaste (the killer one was Mentadent)"

snoboy said:

I dofind it hard to believe that something of that magnitude could happen in a town of this size, and that I would hear nothing about it.

So, like I said, I doubt the truth of THIS particular story.

For what it's worth, I am researching this attack for a possible news story and the RCMP confirms that the attack was reported on July 1. I still don't know any details, though.

JGowans said:

I think we can expect this to make the news because it's yet another fearful experience to present to the sedated public. "From the station that brought you Y2K, and killer tooth paste, we are proud to present, 'Crazy Canadians Target Innocent Americans'. Folks, you won't want to miss this shocking story, and what you can do to sneak your personal firearm over the border to protect your loved ones. Stay tuned. Back after these messages. Cue ad for Colgate Toothpaste (the killer one was Mentadent)"

If I may respond to this blanket generalization, I thought you should know that I was alerted to this attack by a fellow cc.comer who thought that the public might be interested in knowing about this. Out goal is not to sensatinalize everything that happens. This attack is clearly something that is of interest to you guys (evidenced by the large number of postings on this topic) so if you're talking about it, don't you think others might be talking about it as well?

NEWSTIPS said:

JGowans said:

If I may respond to this blanket generalization, I thought you should know that I was alerted to this attack by a fellow cc.comer who thought that the public might be interested in knowing about this. Out goal is not to sensatinalize everything that happens. This attack is clearly something that is of interest to you guys (evidenced by the large number of postings on this topic) so if you're talking about it, don't you think others might be talking about it as well?

1. I specialize in blanket generalizations

2. The news entertainment industry specializes in blanket generalizations.

3. The only thing that's newsworthy is a topic that'll ultimately help you sell more ad time. Fear sells. Maybe you can tie this story in with baseball bats from Louisville Slugger on special at Big 5 sporting Goods.

4. You sentsationalize everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING. News entertainment sucks for how sensationalized it is, and how it is tailored to a third-grade educated individual.

5. This topic was interesting on this board because it affects most of us that may either live or climb in Squamish. Your average homeowner in Bellevue will just see the headline and say, "That's it honey, we're going to Wenatchee for vacation this year. There's too many rednecks in Squamish. Canada is SUCH a violent country. I say we boycott Canadian products and smash in the windows of the local Canadian grocer like we did with those sappy French when they refused to join in the fun in Iraq."

JBOLLOX said:

NEWSTIPS said:

JBOLLOX said:

3. The only thing that's newsworthy is a topic that'll ultimately help you sell more ad time. Fear sells. Maybe you can tie this story in with baseball bats from Louisville Slugger on special at Big 5 sporting Goods.

4. You sentsationalize everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING. News entertainment sucks for how sensationalized it is, and how it is tailored to a third-grade educated individual.

5. This topic was interesting on this board because it affects most of us that may either live or climb in Squamish. Your average homeowner in Bellevue will just see the headline and say, "That's it honey, we're going to Wenatchee for vacation this year. There's too many rednecks in Squamish. Canada is SUCH a violent country. I say we boycott Canadian products and smash in the windows of the local Canadian grocer like we did with those sappy French when they refused to join in the fun in Iraq."

Shut up! Goddamn...if that happened here (as in the usa) it would've made the news also...sheesh...

RuMR said:Shut up! Goddamn...if that happened here (as in the usa) it would've made the news also...sheesh...

Fuck off arsehole. If you want me to shut up, you'll have to do better than "Shut up Goddamn". You sound like a fucking retard. Take an office poll and come up with a better put down because you sound like a fool that took exception to my third-grade remark. I think it hit close to home. Am I warm?

My_xxxth_Avatar said:

JGowans said:

better. but i know you can even better. let yourself go. feel the hatred mix with bile and spew forth. madgo_ron.gif

I gots an idea! How bout you'all get 20 of your friends together and take turns beating the crap outta each other? That would make it all feel so much better!

Or even better - Jgowans could move to canada! wave.gif

RuMR said:

JBOLLOX said:

NEWSTIPS said:

JBOLLOX said:

Shut up! Goddamn...if that happened here (as in the usa) it would've made the news also...sheesh...

Exactly Gowans point. Regardless of where it happens, news programs specialize in sensationalized accounts of events that happen worldwide. They breed fear.

rbw1966 said:

RuMR said:

JBOLLOX said:

NEWSTIPS said:

JBOLLOX said:

Exactly Gowans point. Regardless of where it happens, news programs specialize in sensationalized accounts of events that happen worldwide. They breed fear.

I took it as an anti american spin when it really was just a bunch of redneck hick drunk kids...

RuMR said:Exactly Gowans point. Regardless of where it happens, news programs specialize in sensationalized accounts of events that happen worldwide. They breed fear.

I took it as an anti american spin when it really was just a bunch of redneck hick drunk kids...

Nope not me complaining about Americans. I was complaining that the news crews will get a hold of it and have everyone believe that we shouldn't go to Canada. It could have applied to Fred Meyers in Ballard.

Bwahah, this thread is awesome. I claim partial credit for the awesomeness of it all yelrotflmao.gif

I think we should nominate Fence Shitter as the cc.com one-man commando team for insertion into hostile territory, like Squamish, Walla Walla and Trask's rear end.

Come on (fan fan), flame flame flame!

See you all at pub club!