Climbers jumped at Squamish!!!

Jarred_Jackman

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex said:

Dru said:

In the interests of accuracy; it is like me stating that Washington BLM land is a National Park.

So much for accuracy. Washington BLM? First I have ever heard of the BLM being a state agency. rolleyes.gif

i dont think you understand my point. i was stating an analagous error of similar magnitude as an example. do you need me to explain it further to you?

rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Shannon,

sorry to hear about your incident. As a canadian i can tell you that violence is a fact of life here, as it is all over the world. squamish is not immune. tourists are not immune either. i am satisfied that you and your friends will get a fair hearing. the RCM police i am sure, will listen. our press will help ensure that. We are listening.

I can tell you that although violence happens it is infrequent. Canada is a relatively peaceful place

However statistics do show that people who live under the poverty line and aboriginals are more often involved with violence during their lives. Sad but true.

Squamish has both. Squamish, as some of you may know, is a relatively poor place that relies heavily on logging for its economic health. The us softwood duties and lower world prices for lumber have not helped. as well, squamish is home to many aboriginal people

So squamish is a real place with real people. Shannon et al learned that first hand, unfortunately, but thank goodness you are all okay. If you want to climb in a perfect place, squamish ain't it (and it rains too!). But it's pretty darn close. If you want to climb in a place where the climbing is amazing, the people are (usually) very friendly and your dollars make a difference (and you don't mind a rain day now and then and now), then squishizit.

to those who feel that violence is best dealt with violence, please climb elsewhere.

Shannon, please keep us posted.

fleblebleb said:

But those who feel that violence is best dealt with with macho posturing, please post here! By all means!

And please note it's extra extra manly to threaten retaliation with a gun. Everybody knows that real men bring guns to fist fights! hahaha.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

This is Shannon, again, & now I have my own access. If anyone has any info. regarding the attack on my friends & me, please let me know ASAP! I also wanted to let everyone know that I spoke w/ & faxed the U.S. Attorney General today. He is fully aware of what's going on. Furthermore, Jeremy & I are supposed to have an interview w/ KOMO TV tomorrow (wednesday). We feel that it is so important to inform everyone of what's happened. I don't want anyone to have to go through what we went through. It is a frightening & horrific experience. Please pass on to your friends & family to be careful when travelling in the Squamish area. I don't know if those individuals are looking to retaliate against more Americans or not. According to the American Consolate this is a direct violent attack against Americans travelling in that region. We are dealing with the situation and as I've previously mentioned, I will keep everyone posted.

~Shannon~

rockband.gif

hellno3d.gif

madgo_ron.gif

rolleyes.gif

jefffski said:

to those who feel that violence is best dealt with violence, please climb elsewhere.

You may choose to roll over when confronted, but I won't just stand there and allow myself to get jumped, or my partner for that matter, without putting up a fight. Is your life so worthless that you won't defend it?

Ditto, Greg. And it don't matter where or what country for that matter. Even though I spray and have a good BS time here I really try to have fun and get along. But don't fuckin try to hurt me, my family(family includes dog) or friends. If this happens its time to step up to the plate and dance.

Each man (or woman) has the inalienable rights to LIFE, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. That includes the right to defend that life in any means possible. If you make a decision NOT to do that, it speaks volumes for the worth you put on your life. Mine, for one, is priceless; it's the only one I've got. Further, those I consider friends and loved ones are priceless to me, as well. Am I the only one who thinks this way?

Greg_W said:

Each man (or woman) has the inalienable rights to LIFE, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. That includes the right to defend that life in any means possible. If you make a decision NOT to do that, it speaks volumes for the worth you put on your life. Mine, for one, is priceless; it's the only one I've got. Further, those I consider friends and loved ones are priceless to me, as well. Am I the only one who thinks this way?

Not at all. I feel and think very much the same way.

Greg_W said:

greg- i think everyone agrees with you on the self preservation thing what people might take exception to is your tone which seems to advocate violence as a means of controlling juevenile delinquency. we'd rather see these punks spend some really boring time in reform school than having bullets flying at all hours at the local campground. flying bullets don't always find their mark on the appropriately guilty parties (collateral damage if you will). and then there's the noise.

gregm said:

Greg_W said:

greg- i think everyone agrees with you on the self preservation thing what people might take exception to is your tone which seems to advocate violence as a means of controlling juevenile delinquency. we'd rather see these punks spend some really boring time in reform school than having bullets flying at all hours at the local campground. flying bullets don't always find their mark on the appropriately guilty parties (collateral damage if you will). and then there's the noise.

Can't take guns into Canada, numbnuts. I am pretty low-key when I'm out and about, as friends will attest. I don't look for trouble. However, when it comes there's no point in fighting fair. If they come to dance, then they get what they deserve; juvenile or not. Apparently they are old enough to make the decision to prey on strangers. They get no sympathy from me.

Fence_Sitter said:

advocate violence as a means of controlling juevenile delinquency.

is there nayother way? some people just need to get the shit kicked out of them to knock some sense into em... wave.gif

ok. but i'd rather it be pick up the soap time in reform school not bust caps time when i'm trying to get some shuteye. wave.gif

not bust caps time when i'm trying to get some shuteye.

you option is to run or to bust skulls what's it gonna be? i have only run from one fight in my life and that was WAY more than justifiable... what is the point of running? they win... it is small scale terrorism and i will have no part of it... thumbs_down.gif