Climbers jumped at Squamish!!!

Jarred_Jackman

there's plenty of that shit happening... especially at chilliwack... i got my truck broken into and mt licence plates torn up cause i had american plates... even if this isn't true, it happens lots... i have never heard of this happening to canadian plates here, but anyways aren't you guys the purported peacefull nation? i think your boys just need to get their hands on some K-Y and release some tension cause apparently they aint gettin nuff' pitty.gif

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

trask said:

It looks like you're trying your damndest to discredit the original poster's claim. Why? I'm sure it happened and your people and gov't. authorities are covering it up. Give it up. This kind of shit happens here in America too; what, you think you Canadians are above this type of bullshit? Fuck.

I expressed sadness when Paul confirmed that he haad talked top the people involved, then I've gone to the best source I know to confirm further, and told you I will post if I find out more.

If this strikes you as trying to discredit the story, then so be it.

And, as I said already, I don't think Canadians are above this type of b.s. In fact I know they aren't, just some of us are.

wave.gif

It looks like you're trying your damndest to discredit the original poster's claim. Why? I'm sure it happened and your people and gov't. authorities are covering it up. Give it up. This kind of shit happens here in America too; what, you think you Canadians are above this type of bullshit? Fuck.

Now hold on just a minute. Checking with the local paper to see if they've heard anything about this incident hardly constitutes an attempt to "discredit" anyone. Sounds to me more like someone actually trying to find out what happened.

A local newspaper reporter has indicated that he's heard nothing, but will check to see what the RCMP detachment has to say about it. And you call that a cover-up?

A few years ago there was a nasty incident involving a group of loggers whose jobs had been shut down by protesters in the Upper Elaho. Some of them were facing the loss of their homes, and a couple of families had broken apart under the stress, and their frustration and anger boiled over. A group of them went into the protester's camp wearing ski masks and swinging baseball bats. There was no attempt to "cover it up" on the part of the local authorites.

As was reported earlier, a local lawyer was kicked to death at a New Year's Eve party. Again, there was no attempt to "cover it up". On the contrary, the RCMP appealed loudly and often for anyone with information to come forward, and after a 4 year investigation charges were laid, and two people have been convicted. Pretty lame cover-up, eh?

But now a few people had too much to drink one night, and got a bit stupid. Suddenly the entire weight of the Canadian Government and all the resources of the RCMP are brought to bear in order to silence witnesses, all Police records are suppressed, the entire incident covered up? Why would they bother?

Maybe this sort of thing happens all the time in the States, as you say, but it's somewhat less common on this side of the border. The biggest cover-up anyone can recall around here involved ... wait for it ... a Bingo game in Nanaimo, sometime back in the 80s, from which some of the proceeds went astray. When that one became public a few years ago it cost the Premier his job, even though he was no-where near the provincial government when it happened.

No, none of us believes we're above having stupid drunks getting out of hand. Hell, we've got a long proud tradition in this country of stupid drunks getting out of hand, starting with our first Prime Minister and continuing up to the current Premiers of both BC and Alberta. But a government conspiracy to cover up a fight in a campground? I'm sorry, but that's ludicrous.

anyone looking for a cover-up misunderestimates the Canadian

capacity for self-loathing. Our media gets off on this kind of

story, if they miss out on this latest story they will be so

cry.gif

trask do you feel defensive about something? I didn't mention

any names and don't even remember who started those threads.

I just remember they were all based on falsehoods.

fern said:

anyone looking for a cover-up misunderestimates the Canadian

capacity for self-loathing. Our media gets off on this kind of

story, if they miss out on this latest story they will be so

cry.gif

trask do you feel defensive about something? I didn't mention

any names and don't even remember who started those threads.

I just remember they were all based on falsehoods.

regardless, it happens. boxing_smiley.gif

trask said:

thank you for your indepth knowledge of what your fucked up government thinks. moon.gif

I'm not sure who that was directed at, but for my part I make no claim to know what "my" government thinks: I merely opined that it has historically contained a number of stupid, out-of-control drunks, and in fact still does.

Fence_Sitter said:

uh yeah, that was my point rolleyes.gif . so don't be so surprised when people start asking for confirming details. ever hear of chicken little? dunno what you jokers are battlecaging about.

fern said:

Fence_Sitter said:

uh yeah, that was my point rolleyes.gif . so don't be so surprised when people start asking for confirming details. ever hear of chicken little? dunno what you jokers are battlecaging about.

don't you mean the boy that cries wolf?

Greg_W said:

I had the unfortunate joy to be involved in a similar action when I lived in Texas. The shit was real and really scary as we were similarly outnumbered. We made it out of there, barely. To my knowledge none of it was ever known or publicized. I can believe that this type of shite was swept under the rug, especially given the laissez-faire attitude that the RCMP fucks displayed, according to the story.

Canadians beat you up in Texas boxing_smiley.gif bwahaha

Chicken Little, Boy Who Cries Wolf, whatever.

Lets hear some first hand accounts. wazzup.gif

I used to camp at Psych ledge back in the old days when there was no organized campground, but there were tons of drunk Squish teens. I never got hastled. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but I would like to hear something that wasn't a third or fourth had account.

Whenever I read something like this, I am always glad I never leave home without my trusty insurance policies seen below. grin.gif

These are my primary policies against those who seek to do me any harm.

p226-st-large.jpg

large.cfm?stdImage=sw162703.jpg&model=66

Lots of cars get broken into in Chiilliwack Valley and not all of them are American.

Your best defense is to get about 10 paper plates and write random names on them and nail them up on trees all around your car with arrows pointing away from your car. fruit.gif

Dru said:

Lots of cars get broken into in Chiilliwack Valley and not all of them are American.

Your best defense is to get about 10 paper plates and write random names on them and nail them up on trees all around your car with arrows pointing away from your car. fruit.gif

yellaf.gif too funny man! but sooooo true!~ yelrotflmao.gif

Hi, my name is Shannon Scott. I am using Paul's account until mine goes through tomorrow sometime. I just want to say that the STORY IS TRUE, I WAS THERE! To keep it short & sweet (because my first long description didn't go through), the 3 of us were VIOLENTLY ATTACKED on July 1st in Squamish, B.C. @ the Provincial Campground near the Aquatic/Rec. Center on Logger's Lane/Road. There was a mob of about 30+ teens that attacked us. My friend Jay was beaten, kicked in the head, etc. Jeremy was threatened & chased with a long knife. We had to call 911 twice!! Our car was trashed. The front windshield was kicked in & smashed, the front turn signals kicked out, the passenger mirror torn off, 3 tires slashed, one Cannondale tire slashed, 1 North Face tent slashed; the tent, sleeping bags & thermarests had a burning camping post thrown into/on it. We were lucky to get out alive or not seriously hurt. We were not in a fight, but just there quietly camping & going to bed. We were called "!@@$ing Americans", told "Let's !@#$ing get them", "You'll know what a gang bang feels like," and "!@#$ing Yankees." This is serious. I've already been working with the American Consolate, Komo news, the Canadian Consolate is being notified, as well as the U.S. Attorney General. The RCMP doesn't seem to being doing much. No evidence was gathered, only 3? girls arrested for being publicly drunk, no pictures taken, & no formal statements taken until we took it upon ourselves to write down what happened & turn it into the RCMP the following day. If you don't believe us, as the following:

* Tantalus Bike Shop in Squamish

* Payless Towing (604) 892-5206

* Harold's Auto Recycling (604) 898-5811

Constable? Robinson w/ the RCMP (604) 898-9611

* Best Western

* Dryden Creek Resorts

Also, thank you to the * for helping us out when we needed it! There is more to come as things progress.

~Shannon Scott~