Climbers jumped at Squamish!!!

Jarred_Jackman

thelawgoddess said:

yikes. i've always found squish to be pretty american friendly, but i'm also fairly cautious. and if i see sketchy looking people/activity i leave and go somewhere else. too bad there are some bad eggs out there!

You're also a somewhat attractive chic, so you probably get a pass.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

snoboy said:

Greg_W said:That is totally fucked. What do all you peaceloving motherfuckers have to say now?

Same as I said before, that I doubt the truth of this story.

Is it so impossible for you to believe that violence CAN exist close to home? I say carry a hickory pick handle in the backseat and watch Eastwood in "Pale Rider" before you leave.

Greg_W said:

snoboy said:

Greg_W said:That is totally fucked. What do all you peaceloving motherfuckers have to say now?

Is it so impossible for you to believe that violence CAN exist close to home? I say carry a hickory pick handle in the backseat and watch Eastwood in "Pale Rider" before you leave.

squamish youth violence #1

squamish youth violence #2

Squamish is a small town with many bored kids. Usually these 'events' get pretty heavily publicized with much community hand-wringing. I, like others have said, have so far heard nothing about a violent incident involving 50 teenagers in a Squamish park campground recently.

I hope you have a good trip up Greg, I think you will find most people very friendly and welcoming. But if you feel threatened by anyone hit first and hit hard, I am sure you know how wave.gif

fern said:

I hope you have a good trip up Greg, I think you will find most people very friendly and welcoming. But if you feel threatened by anyone hit first and hit hard, I am sure you know how wave.gif

Thanks, ferny; as a gesture of good international relations, I'll even let you buy me a beer.

Greg_W said:

snoboy said:

No, not at all. In fact I know it can happen here. See fern's post.

I dofind it hard to believe that something of that magnitude could happen in a town of this size, and that I would hear nothing about it. I work in a store where we see lots of travelling climber's, I know some of the local police force, and my boss is heavily involved in many local organizations and such. So we are out there, and we heard NOTHING. Leads me to doubt.

So, like I said, I doubt the truth of THIS particular story.

OK just got off the phone with Jeremy and he said it all went down Tuesday (canada day) they were just going to sleep when they heard a group of kidds messing around when they got out of the tent, thats when it all went down. I don't know you snoboy but this is not bullshit, it happen. It could be a one time thing I don't know, but it does not hurt to be careful and keep a eye out for a while. If you live there why don't you call the RMP and ask them.

I had the unfortunate joy to be involved in a similar action when I lived in Texas. The shit was real and really scary as we were similarly outnumbered. We made it out of there, barely. To my knowledge none of it was ever known or publicized. I can believe that this type of shite was swept under the rug, especially given the laissez-faire attitude that the RCMP fucks displayed, according to the story.

Paul_detrick said:

OK just got off the phone with Jeremy and he said it all went down Tuesday (canada day) they were just going to sleep when they heard a group of kidds messing around when they got out of the tent, thats when it all went down. I don't know you snoboy but this is not bullshit, it happen. It could be a one time thing I don't know, but it does not hurt to be careful and keep a eye out for a while. If you live there why don't you call the RMP and ask them.

exactly which campsite did this take place at? was it the main "official" squamish campground with the entrance near the big squamish billboard?

Paul_detrick said:

frown.gif

I didn't post this to start some sort of drawn out story. I posted it to inform people that this very real ordeal happened at the crag many people have grown to visit quite often and think of as a normal place for fun climbing. If you're a fool and you honestly don't think that weird shit happens in small places, or large places for that matter ...

So much for weird shit not happening in small towns, Canada or America. And for those wondering why I wasn't responding it's bc I'm not on this site every day, don't have a computer at home. If you want to contact the people that were involved I would contact Jeremy Dahl who lives in Eohrata and climbs a lot at the Coulee, or Jay Barclay who lives in Kennewick.

take care

Greg_W said:

Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer said:

Dru said:

drunken idiots are dangerous no matter what the nationality

right, trask?

I'm not trask but I hear that... especialy if you happen to be wearing a short skirt shocked.gif

You're telling me!!! shocked.gif

ALWAYS on my guard.

snoboy said:

Local media has been queried...

They know nothing, but are going to ask the RCMP.

I'll post if anything else comes up.

It looks like you're trying your damndest to discredit the original poster's claim. Why? I'm sure it happened and your people and gov't. authorities are covering it up. Give it up. This kind of shit happens here in America too; what, you think you Canadians are above this type of bullshit? Fuck.

Only very foolish people take everything they read on the

internet at face value for truth. Some people think it's

fun to start threads about having just lost their job when

they haven't, or about the US bombing Saudi Arabia when they aren't,

or about being a hot chick looking for climbing partners when

they're not. There's a difference between skepticism and

cover-up.

I would still like to know what campground this was at, so

I can strike it off my list of places to stay.

fern said:

Only very foolish people take everything they read on the

internet at face value for truth. Some people think it's

fun to start threads about having just lost their job when

they haven't, or about the US bombing Saudi Arabia when they aren't,

or about being a hot chick looking for climbing partners when

they're not. There's a difference between skepticism and

cover-up.

I would still like to know what campground this was at, so

I can strike it off my list of places to stay.

ya!!! WHAT fern said!!!! thumbs_up.gif

p.s. FERN RULEZ!!!!!!!! grin.gif