Where are the GREATS???

Rodchester

So as an example of what I have been talking about here:

This is an excerpt from a private e-mail meessage I received. I will not reveal the poster's name. I think it is obvious he or she did not it to be released. It refers to the thread which baselessly blasted CB.

"I respect you for standing up and taking an issue with the terrible bullshit that was propogated on this thread. I truly don't understand someone who will hide behind an alias and essentially tell someone behind their anonimity that they think it's their fault their spouse died in the mountains. I wish that you would extend sympathies to this person from me. I feel guilty just through association with this website. I do not conjecture on things of this magnitude and I do not like to be associated with negativity that is as real and mean spirited as what we've seen here."

Hmmmm, Why is it people don't post here?

Good to know there are people out there that know it was bullshit...to bad the bullshit chases them away.

frown.gif" border="0frown.gif" border="0frown.gif" border="0

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:
What I want to know is, who is the rope gun in that pairing???
tongue.gif" border="0

Fred is bad ass. He followed one pitch of easier WI4 at Gibraltar Wall and also a lot of Grade 3 ice. He even tried to lead grade 3.

We had fun who cares who was ropegun. Dru you've been listening to Erik too much. Just cuz he can follow Wallstein around I guess he likes to beat his chest. tongue.gif" border="0 Not that nobody does it though wink.gif" border="0 He's a good climber either way. I guess I magic my way up climbs according to you huh? Well we'll see. All I can say is that just cuz someone climbs a crack rated 5.10 for the umpteenth time and then finally leads it dont mean squat to me. Maybe I magiced all those leads on Mt Stuart, Toketie Wall, Snow Creek Wall, and Prusik Peak etc. rolleyes.gif" border="0

Either way it is all about fun. Fred is all about pulling his own share of work. I got a ton of respect for that man. BTW Dru he wants to do Honeyman Still. How did it look or should I even ask.

Pretty Nuts was a cool climb smile.gif" border="0

Will lurk for most of the day. [big Drink]

[ 01-22-2002: Message edited by: Cpt.Caveman ]

Nice...you should rigght up a more detailed trip report. I'm sure you got a couple of good stories after hangin with Fred...

Honeyman is in great....if you are a kayaker who is looking to do the worlds longest waterfall drop. The whole thing fell down two weeks ago.

I got to meet Drul dis weekend ya know, it was pretty damn cool riiiight, that guy can spray for hours eeehhheee. grin.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Rodchester:
That is the lowest thing I have ever seen in my entire life.
Hey Rod, aren't you a lawyer? Got a mirror?

Worthless piece of shit. I hope that CC:er is hit by a bus full of nuns holding babies on the way to the hospital, and it doesn't stop. I would then pee on the CC:ers grave. What a gutless and classless person.

Now you're hitting the general public's sentiment towards lawyers.

No bady wants to be around that kind of person. Why do posters on this site take it?
Now you're talkin' brother.

Oh, wait, I take it all back, it was all a joke, don't sue me, please, don't sue me rolleyes.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Lambone:
Nice...you should rigght up a more detailed trip report. I'm sure you got a couple of good stories after hangin with Fred...

Honeyman is in great....if you are a kayaker who is looking to do the worlds longest waterfall drop. The whole thing fell down two weeks ago.

I got to meet Drul dis weekend ya know, it was pretty damn cool riiiight, that guy can spray for hours eeehhheee.
grin.gif" border="0

Report:

Drive to Eburg with Fred. Have dinner with Charlie and Fred. Head to Idaho lots of snow on the road.. Sleep in some nice person's home that Fred knows. (He seems to know everyone) I see piece of "Black Book" inluding photos and proposed route (secret) that night.

Drive up and meet Crack, Danimal and Jordan at Gibraltar Wall. Nice wall lots of ice.. There I meet fellow ccer WadeMeyer wink.gif" border="0 We climb there that afternoon and the next day. Fred follows up to easy 4 and tries to lead 3. He is very ambitious and friendly..

Drive to Golden and sleep at another person's home. Climb Pretty Nuts. Drive home.

Stories. None just go climb with him yourself. He is a humble, quiet, ambitious, and friendly person. Very likable and just like a lot of other people out there in a personal sense. You just have to scream to communicate wink.gif" border="0

HEY FRED

What

HEY FRED!!!!

Oh uh yeah, huh.

YOUR TURN TO BUY A ROUND FRED

Oh yea, you want some uh beer huh. Maybe i should buy some beer for those girls over there. That one there on the left doesn't like her boyfriend. I can tell. he looks like a sport climber, huh daddi-o?

YEAH HE DOES FRED.

What?

YEAH FRED

"Who are you calling a sport climber?"

wink.gif" border="0

[big Drink]