STINKY TENT

kweb

I just received a tent that I bought on e-bay. The seller said he never used it...that I believe. What I don't believe is the smell of nasty funk when I crawled in it. I washed the stuff sack and nylon ground cloth in the washer (hung to dry), those smell April fresh. What im wondering is....would it do any harm to soak the tent in the tub with some laundry detergent then rinse it off?? Its a single wall if that makes a difference.

Kinda smells like this guy- [Moon]

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a chemical on the market called Mirazyme, distributed by McNett. (the co. that makes aquaseal) It is enzyme based and it's only by-products are CO2 and water. It was given to me by a sales rep., so I do not know who carries it, although anyone that carries seamgrip/aquaseal should be able to help you. I have used it on a funky backpack and a coat. It worked surprisingly well.

I also believe a cheaper/easier option is some vinegar dilluted in water and then air dryed. I would not use laundry detergent. Tech Wash by Nikwax may help as well.

Good luck!