Index tommorow?

daler

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IT LOOKED LIKE 2 WERE CLIMBING AT THE SAME TIME

THE 2ND HAD THE 3RDS ROPES ATTACHED?????

THAT SEEMS LIKDA SKETCH......SIMUL CLIMBING ON TOP ROPE.......??????

I DUNNO, I DIDNT LOLLY GAG......

i don't know if that was us but it could have been and you were just confused. i was the 2nd and was tied into both ropes. but the third happened to be sitting on the ledge unroped. heh, heh. guess that would have looked pretty funny. it was all good, though. i'll spare you the details leading up to the scenario. fun climb.

erik said:

NOPE TELL US!!

MAYBE THAT WAS IT AND THE 3RD WAS BOULDERING AROUND BEING IMPAITENT?? I KNOW THATS WHAT I DO!!!

Yeah, I got board so i scrambled up and down that 4th class section like 5 times thats probably what you saw.

Yeah, I spent a while around the crux studying the holds, pro possibilities, testing how Eric's shoes feel on thin edges, peeing in my pants, etc. before I finally caught sight of the "thank-god" hold. And then after the rightward traverse, I protected with a small alien and realized I basically had to have a triple sling on it to cut the rope drag... and then do that crazy mantle... So, Eric, being the third climber, had some time to wait. smile.gif

Since the the topic of snow on the Mtn has already been breeched here, and I 'spose that craggers to the north side of the river get good views of the Mtn on the south side...

Is there still a schrund or cornice atop the "obvious gulley" that goes up to the summit ridge on the main peak of Index?

Thinking 'bout walking up there over the 4th; would be maybe taking kids, some bottle rockets, and marshmellows for a red-white-and-blue camping trip on top. However, objective hazard of ice fall in the gulley would be unacceptable...

BTW, Miss N: Camping spots are a-plenty once well away from and above the town and crowds below. (Especially when there's any of that icckkky snow stuff on the ground!)

-- Little Burd.

• 3 years later...
BC I'm a newb...

I don't know enough about this place to be starting threads yet. I don't want to start a thread that has already been started and since I don't really know anything about climbing I don't really feel like I have anything to contribute.

:laf:

Classic