Index tommorow?

daler

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MissNormandy said:

I don't want to start a thread that has already been started and since I don't really know anything about climbing I don't really feel like I have anything to contribute.

MN, that hasn't stopped anyone else on cc.com boxing_smiley.gif

MissNormandy said:

A little bird told me that there is no overnight camping allowed on Index?

Anyone know if there is any truth to that???

The mountain or the climbing walls? The climbing walls called Index are next to the town of Index. The Mt. Index is the large lump of choss across Hwy 2 next to Persis. wazzup.gif

Most posts here are about the crag climbing next to town.

Peter_Puget said:

It will be less confusing when the NEW ROCK CLIMBING FORUM is set up!

What's the point of a rock climbing forum? Sheesh. To answer Ms. NOrmandy's question, there are a few bivy spots across from the climber's parking lot at the climbing area. I think there are a few campsites at the lake (Serene), but you have to get away from the trail and water. Only time I've seen tents up there is in the winter; although, I don't hike there in the summer. Bivy and no one will be the wiser.

Greg

bigwalling said:

I was there. Did some easy free climbing up in the Inner Wall area. I really suck at hand jamming. boxing_smiley.gif

OMFG...NO YOU WERE NOT!!!

I WAS TOTALLY UP THERE.....ALL DAY AND SAW NOT NEARY A SOUL.....

DID TOXIC, EVEN STEVEN, PUPPY SOMETHING, AGENT ORGANE AND SAT UNDER BEHIND THE 8BALL ALIGNING MY SOUL WITH THE JAMS......

I left at about 11. No way can I do that Even Steven. That thing looks hard! I did the lower part of it though. Also did the wide crack over by agent orange. Was going to do Toxic Shock but my mom brought me and wanted to go home since we leave for California on Saturday.

Erik were you really up there??? You must have gone up the trail at 12 or so.

TLG, Eric8, and I were there. I was a complete dumbass and left my rockshoes at home, but luckily Eric's fit my feet pretty well. Onsight-flashed Princely Ambitions smile.gif (quite a heady lead, pretty sustained... I like it!!!), but hung on a piece on Libra Crack frown.gif (a biner was being feisty and refusing to clip).

bigwalling said:

I left at about 11. No way can I do that Even Steven. That thing looks hard! I did the lower part of it though. Also did the wide crack over by agent orange. Was going to do Toxic Shock but my mom brought me and wanted to go home since we leave for California on Saturday.

Erik were you really up there??? You must have gone up the trail at 12 or so.

HOWD YOU DO PART OF EVEN STEVEN AND NOT LEAVE GEAR?????????? WITH OUT DOING TOXIC SHOCK???

SLOPPY YOU AND THE TLG WERE THE 3 ON P.A. DOING ROPE TRICKS?????