Why Do People Hate America?

JGowans

Ratboy said:

I don't hate America, but I hate the ever-watchful government attitude that's taken hold since 9/11, and the people willing to trade privacy for security. I think Ben Franklin had something to say about that. As did George Orwell.

Big Brother Gets a Brain

It started long before 9/11, it was just more incremental; a slow creep, if you will. Government will always seek to increase itself. Those who have a taste for power thirst continually for more. These precepts are things that the authors of the Constitution attempted to disarm when they wrote it.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greg_W said:

It started long before 9/11, it was just more incremental; a slow creep, if you will. Government will always seek to increase itself. Those who have a taste for power thirst continually for more.

Very true. I'm just amazed at the sheer unabashed powergrab of the federal government in the name of security in the last 2 years, from the political party that's supposed to be against big government no less. Just goes to show anyone can get drunk with their own power. I just hope the pendulum swings back this way sometime in the near future.

Edited by Ratboy