• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
JGowans

Why Do People Hate America?

Ratboy said:

I don't hate America, but I hate the ever-watchful government attitude that's taken hold since 9/11, and the people willing to trade privacy for security. I think Ben Franklin had something to say about that. As did George Orwell.

Big Brother Gets a Brain

It started long before 9/11, it was just more incremental; a slow creep, if you will. Government will always seek to increase itself. Those who have a taste for power thirst continually for more. These precepts are things that the authors of the Constitution attempted to disarm when they wrote it.

Greg_W said:

It started long before 9/11, it was just more incremental; a slow creep, if you will. Government will always seek to increase itself. Those who have a taste for power thirst continually for more.

Very true. I'm just amazed at the sheer unabashed powergrab of the federal government in the name of security in the last 2 years, from the political party that's supposed to be against big government no less. Just goes to show anyone can get drunk with their own power. I just hope the pendulum swings back this way sometime in the near future.

Edited by Ratboy

its obvious that folks hate americans becuase we have richard simmons.

enough, end of discussion?

and becase we are the best country in theworld and will kick there ass if they mess with us! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif