Why Do People Hate America?

JGowans

Greg_W said:

Your premise that this is "our" problem is misguided and removes the responsibility from the individual for their own life and livelihood.

Ahh dude...first you rail them for trying to make their life better by coming over here and workin' hard, real hard even if they have to do it illegally, then you rail them as being a handout???? NO SENSE!

And i don't want to know why caveman was rolling into your sleeping bag, but that would be one time you should have a gun!

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JGowans said:

Fence_Sitter said:

haha classic! people ask me where i am from cause i speak russian with my ukranian co-worker and they will not believe me when i say i am american... too funny... it shows how few people speak foreign languages here... pathetic! rolleyes.gif

Another one...A buddy of mine on my track team (also from Scotland) was in the treatment room. We were chatting away when some big football player came ambling up to us and said, "Say dawg, are y'all talking Brazilian and shit? Y'all look like you're from there." We of course, were talking English (with a funny accent mind you). This is all the more funny in that my buddy is the stereotypical Scotsman that's tall, hairy and red-headed.

Another time, we were on the bus coming back from a track meet, and I used to ride with the blacks on my team because the whites were just good old country boys and the women were stuck up southern belles. Anyway, one of the girls started going on about the honkies. I looked at her and said, "hey, watch who you're talking about." to which she replied, "Nah dawg, y'all ain't white, y'alls foreign." Great days. I miss them sometimes. bigdrink.gif

this is what the mexican and argentinian bakers at my work say to me... they asy i am the only gringo they will let into their bakery yellaf.gif the other workers are barbie doll cut-outs and chem jock joe schoes... totally cliche 'americans' it is soo easy to pick these people out espcially in eastern europe... even walking can set you apart... these people would ahve no chance to fit in. so funny.

i do notice a certain have cake and eat it too philosophy with the military... other coutnries are plenty glad to have it when they need it but bash it when they dont... the U.S. is always there to protect whether the country talked smack or not...

erik said:

if america didnt have any americans in it, that would be ideal!

that may be the dumbest thing i have ever heard... is there such thing as an 'american' most poeple are assimilated in to a conglomeration of culture that is the U.S. who exactly are you proposing not be welcomed here? confused.gif

i am really digging all the reverse sterotyping going on here. fence sitter, you claim yourself better then these cut outs and jocks, but why care who they are? all you are doing is passing judgement based on what you perceive as good or better, and you seem like a moron, so they must be some really neat people!

and just to let you know, when you are working with hispanics in jobs such as that, they are all your friends to your face. and when you walk away, you are just that dumb white kid who climbs rocks.........

grown up and think before you speak!

RuMR said:

Greg_W said:

Your premise that this is "our" problem is misguided and removes the responsibility from the individual for their own life and livelihood.

Ahh dude...first you rail them for trying to make their life better by coming over here and workin' hard, real hard even if they have to do it illegally, then you rail them as being a handout???? NO SENSE!

And i don't want to know why caveman was rolling into your sleeping bag, but that would be one time you should have a gun!

tru dat... hommies work f-in hard! if anyone of my hispanic workers left, i would quit... and they know it... they kno i appreciate their hard work ethic as i tell them daily. bigdrink.gif

erik said:

i am really digging all the reverse sterotyping going on here. fence sitter, you claim yourself better then these cut outs and jocks, but why care who they are? all you are doing is passing judgement based on what you perceive as good or better, and you seem like a moron, so they must be some really neat people!

and just to let you know, when you are working with hispanics in jobs such as that, they are all your friends to your face. and when you walk away, you are just that dumb white kid who climbs rocks.........

erik... i was curious by what you meant by americans... we are all americans... should we all leave and just desert this piece of land? rolleyes.gif

erik said:

prolly not cheif cause i lived in cuba where many of them lived... how about you check your facts hommes... rolleyes.gif

"try 1) using a disproportionate amount of world resources and"

When did it become evident that there is some standard of "proportionate" use of resources that meant anything at all?

Besides, if we increase the "proportionality" by increasing their standard of living instead of decreasing ours, then the usual suspects will just switch to bitching about using "too many" resources overall, another sign of the zero sum economics bugaboo.

Part of the problem not mentioned in this entire thread is that most of the world is infested/infected with the false idea that economics is somehow a zero sum process.

"2)having a military presence in 120 nations for more salient sources of resentment. "

Yeah, everyone's all upset about the mean 'ol US around until they want something done, then it's us that gets to do the heavy lifting.

As for an earlier poster listing various and sundry treaties we refuse to sign, most of these instances have to do with lousy treaties based on crappy ideas, or with poorly constituted wording for what could be a decent idea. Kyoto and the ICC are the former, the bioweapon treaty one of the latter.

As far as I remember we are not obligated to sign lousy treaties, no matter who else signs them or what lofty titles they carry.

Edited by MtnGoat

MtnGoat said:As far as I remember we are not obligated to sign lousy treaties, no matter who else signs them or what lofty titles they carry.

You're quite correct. Why then, do we adopt the double standards to this argument as evidenced by the US withdrawing military aid from 50 nations today because they dared to say that they supported an International Court that would not exempt illegal acts by Americans? Just another day at the office really.

j_b said:the hollywood tripe only adds insult to injury. try 1) using a disproportionate amount of world resources and 2)having a military presence in 120 nations for more salient sources of resentment.
The US has been talking about pulling troops out of Germany, but the German Government wants them to stay because of the economic impact. wazzup.gif

WHAT WAS ON PURPUSE TO GET YOU ALL WORKED UP? WELL UH YEAH! APPRENTLY YOUR LONG TERM MEMORY IS AS GOOD AS YOUR SHORT TERM MEMORY....

I DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT POLITICAL DISCUSSIONS....NOTICE MY OTHER CONTRIBUTIONS!!

UH!! YUP!! YUP!!

Greg_W said:

Kiwi said:

toptimmy said:

But at least they provide jobs rolleyes.gif

*cough* Outsource *cough*

*cough* union creates pain in the ass for companies *cough*

Yeah if the pain in the ass unions wernt there im sure the CORPORATE FUCKS(republican gods) WOULD TAKE CARE OF US ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK NOW I NEED ALCOHOL!

wave.gif

erik said:

WHAT WAS ON PURPUSE TO GET YOU ALL WORKED UP? WELL UH YEAH! APPRENTLY YOUR LONG TERM MEMORY IS AS GOOD AS YOUR SHORT TERM MEMORY....

I DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT POLITICAL DISCUSSIONS....NOTICE MY OTHER CONTRIBUTIONS!!

UH!! YUP!! YUP!!

Goodbye erik, wave.gif

Door's over there -->

RuMR said:

Goodbye erik, wave.gif

Door's over there -->

HOW IRONIC THAT YOUR ARROW POINTS RIGHT TOO IT!!!!

hahaha.gif

AND IT IS MY RIGHT TO POST ON SPRAY DAMNIT! I MEAN MY DAMN RIGHT!

hahaha.gif

fruit.gif

WE NEED MORE HOT CHICKS!

"Why then, do we adopt the double standards to this argument as evidenced by the US withdrawing military aid from 50 nations today because they dared to say that they supported an International Court that would not exempt illegal acts by Americans?"

What's the problem? Why should we support nations that do not support our postion on the ICC, especially with military aid which could be used to blame us in the ICC in cases involving operations using our aid?

If they get our cash, then they should expect to play by our rules, or lose it. I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone should expect to continue to get cash while refusing to back our position. If they want to do what they want, they can do so, but without the cash. It's their choice.

Edited by MtnGoat

erik said:

RuMR said:

Goodbye erik, wave.gif

Door's over there -->

HOW IRONIC THAT YOUR ARROW POINTS RIGHT TOO IT!!!!

hahaha.gif

AND IT IS MY RIGHT TO POST ON SPRAY DAMNIT! I MEAN MY DAMN RIGHT!

hahaha.gif

fruit.gif

WE NEED MORE HOT CHICKS!

Hot splittail double breasted mattress flappers cure all.

where am i going?

cuz i dont get off of work for another 1:06 minutes. then i gotta go home and clean my house, rack for tommorow and then make dinner. then pete is coming over and we are going to drink beer! and plan for the weekend. after that my friend is coming over and we are going to go to bed and then get up early to head out and climb. so i dont think i am going anywhere real soon!