Why Do People Hate America?

JGowans

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greg_W said:

Sure, educate them, but make them PAY for it. This isn't no fucking charity ward.

Slave labor my ass, their making good money. You should see the housing that my friend's dad has to build for the pickers in his orchards. Fawkin' nice.

I don't eat cake; my grandmother makes stellar marionberry pie.

Man, you gotta get out some more...you ever drive through a slum? You ever see pickers in southern cali and their living conditions? Trust me, they are payin', just not w/ money...

Kiwi said:

Greg_W said:

True, my fuzzy green fruit sweetheart, but why should it be free?

Their children will eventually become part of the system anyways and pay it back in taxes for the rest of their lives.

It's good business to get money up front.

JGowans said:

Fence_Sitter said:

biggest strkies against us.

1) Hollywood

2) Media

3) Lack of Knowledge abotu the Outside World...

this is what people hate about our country...

ironically enoughthese things are all perpetuated by the same people... media conglomerates, i believe, are ruining our country...

I once was asked how long it takes to drive to Scotland. This was when I was a student in Louisiana. Also, I was asked if Scotland was a province of Canada or Scandinavia. I once also had someone seem amazed when I was wearing a soccer shirt from back home, that we used the same numerals as the U.S. Needless to say, I had many comments that my English was "pretty good." Most were in Louisiana, but I've also heard that comment up here.

haha classic! people ask me where i am from cause i speak russian with my ukranian co-worker and they will not believe me when i say i am american... too funny... it shows how few people speak foreign languages here... pathetic! rolleyes.gif

Greg_W said:

Kiwi said:

Greg_W said:

Their children will eventually become part of the system anyways and pay it back in taxes for the rest of their lives.

ever hear of the concept of "investment" and return on that investment?

Fence_Sitter said:

1) Hollywood

2) Media

ironically enoughthese things are all perpetuated by the same people... media conglomerates, i believe, are ruining our country...

the hollywood tripe only adds insult to injury. try 1) using a disproportionate amount of world resources and 2)having a military presence in 120 nations for more salient sources of resentment.

RuMR said:

Greg_W said:

Kiwi said:

Greg_W said:

What about these people investing something? Huh? No. Everything should be a fucking handout. You fucking liberals are so fucking free with everyone elses money, it makes me fucking sick. FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! SHIT! Where's that tequila, I'm starting now.

Fence_Sitter said:

haha classic! people ask me where i am from cause i speak russian with my ukranian co-worker and they will not believe me when i say i am american... too funny... it shows how few people speak foreign languages here... pathetic! rolleyes.gif

Another one...A buddy of mine on my track team (also from Scotland) was in the treatment room. We were chatting away when some big football player came ambling up to us and said, "Say dawg, are y'all talking Brazilian and shit? Y'all look like you're from there." We of course, were talking English (with a funny accent mind you). This is all the more funny in that my buddy is the stereotypical Scotsman that's tall, hairy and red-headed.

Another time, we were on the bus coming back from a track meet, and I used to ride with the blacks on my team because the whites were just good old country boys and the women were stuck up southern belles. Anyway, one of the girls started going on about the honkies. I looked at her and said, "hey, watch who you're talking about." to which she replied, "Nah dawg, y'all ain't white, y'alls foreign." Great days. I miss them sometimes. bigdrink.gif

Greg_W said:

RuMR said:

Greg_W said:

Kiwi said:

Greg_W said:

What about these people investing something? Huh? No. Everything should be a fucking handout. You fucking liberals are so fucking free with everyone elses money, it makes me fucking sick. FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! SHIT! Where's that tequila, I'm starting now.

That's the first time i've been called a liberal....

HAHAHAHA you fucking kill me...sounds like now you're losin' it...did ya spill coffee on yer crotch????

They are investing...you eat any canned beans lately??

j_b said:

Fence_Sitter said:

1) Hollywood

2) Media

the hollywood tripe only adds insult to injury. try 1) using a disproportionate amount of world resources and 2)having a military presence in 120 nations for more salient sources of resentment.

disproportionate? As compared to Germany?How many european countries can you fit in the U.S?

Greg_W said:

RuMR said:

Greg_W said:

Kiwi said:

Greg_W said:

But its ok to hand out corporate tax incentives.

toptimmy said:

Greg_W said:

RuMR said:

Greg_W said:

Kiwi said:

Greg_W said:

Oh yeah...that's a good one...how you 'splain that one greggie??

RuMR said:

Greg_W said:

RuMR said:

Greg_W said:

Kiwi said:

Greg_W said:

HAHAHAHA you fucking kill me...sounds like now you're losin' it...did ya spill coffee on yer crotch????

No, I don't eat canned beans. Stop stalking me, man. Wanting to give out government handouts sounds pretty liberal to me (i.e., "Big government is the solution")

toptimmy said:

HELL YEAH IT IS, THEY ARE THE ENTITIES THAT GIVE US INDUSTRIAL WASTE, BEAURACACY AND ALL SORTS OF OTHER NEAT SIDE BENEFITS OF LIVING IN A MATERIALISTIC WORLD!

Greg_W said:Wanting to give out government handouts sounds pretty liberal to me (i.e., "Big government is the solution")

I used to think that Big Government was the answer, but GW has done a pretty *masterful* job of creating his own Big Government that he's convinced me otherwise.

Greg_W said:

RuMR said:

Greg_W said:

RuMR said:

Greg_W said:

Kiwi said:

Greg_W said:

No, I don't eat canned beans. Stop stalking me, man. Wanting to give out government handouts sounds pretty liberal to me (i.e., "Big government is the solution")

but stalkin' soooo much fun...its like huntin' in cyberland... evils3d.gif Especially when the quarry gets rattled hellno3d.gifhahaha.gif

I've got mixed political leanings and i'm all over the place...total pro strong military, but think that, in general, every politician out there is one fucked up unit...am in favor of schools/transportation/...

welfare? Man, i don't know how single parents survive...

how we gonna pay for this? Haven't got a clue...

erik said:

toptimmy said:

HELL YEAH IT IS, THEY ARE THE ENTITIES THAT GIVE US INDUSTRIAL WASTE, BEAURACACY AND ALL SORTS OF OTHER NEAT SIDE BENEFITS OF LIVING IN A MATERIALISTIC WORLD!

But at least they provide jobs rolleyes.gif

toptimmy said:

erik said:

toptimmy said:

Only when it suits their needs. They giveth and they taketh away.

RuMR said:

Greg_W said:

RuMR said:

Greg_W said:

RuMR said:

Greg_W said:

Kiwi said:

Greg_W said:

but stalkin' soooo much fun...its like huntin' in cyberland... evils3d.gif Especially when the quarry gets rattled hellno3d.gifhahaha.gif

I've got mixed political leanings and i'm all over the place...total pro strong military, but think that, in general, every politician out there is one fucked up unit...am in favor of schools/transportation/...

welfare? Man, i don't know how single parents survive...

how we gonna pay for this? Haven't got a clue...

Ain't shit living that'll rattle me, except when a drunk Capt. Caveman rolls over onto my sleeping bag in the middle of the night.

ALL politicians ARE fucked up.

Your premise that this is "our" problem is misguided and removes the responsibility from the individual for their own life and livelihood.

JGowans said:

toptimmy said:

erik said:

toptimmy said:

Only when it suits their needs. They giveth and they taketh away.

Make my profits and scorch the earth smileysex5.gif

JayB said:

While it would be untrue to claim that there are not elements of our foreign policy that those outside of our borders can be legitimately upset about, it would be equally untrue to suggest that all resentment of the United States, especially in Europe, is the product of a fair and factual analysis of every aspect of our role in the world.

rolleyes.gif i am bracing for your 'fair and factual' analysis

As others have mentioned, when it appeared that the Japaneese would be ascendant and displace the US atop the global economic hierarchy, the rise in anti-Japaneese sentiment had very little to do with the purported shortcomings of the Japaneese themselves, and everything to do with our own envy at and resentment of their success. First they build cars that last twice as long, use half the gas, and then they have the audacity to sell them to us at half the price! Damn them.

nevermind that a list of japanese shortcomings (notably in terms of ingerence in other nations affairs) would not compare in any ways with ours

You can't tell me that Europe's relative decline vis-a-vis the US and their consciousness of their rather staggering civilizational failures (WWI and WWII, Nazism, Fasism, Communism) have nothing to do with the way they feel about the US.

yeah right, it's their civilization, not ours as well and we had nothing to do with the failures you mentioned. give me a break!