Squamish, Who's going?

Paco

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Distel32 said:

so is anybody else going to come bouldering with me one day or what!? Geek_em8.gif

dude...your going to the valley next week...better start pluggin' the units in (that's digits, hands, fists, feet, arms, and in some cases head, as well as cams, and nuts) and forget about the pebbles.... evils3d.gif

RuMR said:

dude...your going to the valley next week...better start pluggin' the units in (that's digits, hands, fists, feet, arms, and in some cases head, as well as cams, and nuts) and forget about the pebbles.... evils3d.gif

lol. yelrotflmao.gif rumr cracks my shit up! distel i promise to boulder with you, but it's only going to be after i get my fill of cracks for the day. bouldering in the afternoon as pre-funk to the bar works for me. you saying you want me to bring my pad?

Distel32 said:

there is no way I could go up there though and not boulder! those problems are just sooo beautiful.....

some poeple get off on 1000ft splitter cracks, for me it happens to be steep pebbles with big moves

Somethin' about famous last words springs to mind...

How's 'bout steep climbs w/ big moves a 1000 ft off the deck??

erik said:

Distel32 said:

also probably the best bouldering in the pacnw!

HARDLY.

oohhh I don't know man, I said probably. It is SOME of the best for sure.

Rumr- I know I just need to climb more cracks, then I'll like it more

Edited by Distel32

Distel32 said:

erik said:

Distel32 said:

HARDLY.

Luke...you're gonna have a fricken' blast down there...its gonna reshape your noggin a bit and you'll have some "new" notions about climbing...and hey, the bouldering there is gooooood too!

Distel32 said:

so is anybody else going to come bouldering with me one day or what!? Geek_em8.gif

I might be up for some of that bouldering stuff...after a few nice crack climbs of course. grin.gif

Maybe we could work a little deal. I'll take you up a few trad climbs if you catch my fat ass as I peal off some Squamish boulder.

Funny story...last year I went to Squamish with a friend of mine who is much more a sport/gym climber than a traddie. We climbed the snake route up the Apron and he was feeling way insecure and sketchin out on the slabby stuff. He kept grabbing for chalk and trying to pinch/crimp holds. He followed me well enough, but wouldn't lead. After we got down we decided to do a little bit of bouldering. That's where he schooled me. Different types of climbin'...

And post 100 fools fruit.gifbigdrink.gifrockband.gifpitty.gifwave.gif

thelawgoddess said:

bouldering in the afternoon as pre-funk to the bar works for me. you saying you want me to bring my pad?

Bring pads. I have three in my house, and can borrow one huge one though, so if the car is full... Don't Worry, I've got you! laugh.gif

Distel32 said:

not all of it!!!! what problems are you getting on that are greasy at squish!? There are so many classic moderates there, 4-8 range

I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE VALLEY

BUT YUP YUP SQUISH IS GETTIN GREASY AS WELL....

AND COME ON, YOU KNOW THAT I DONT KNOW THE NAMES OF ANY ROUTES!!! ERRR BOULDER PROBLEMS!

RuMR said:

Distel32 said:

erik said:

Distel32 said:

HARDLY.

Luke...you're gonna have a fricken' blast down there...its gonna reshape your noggin a bit and you'll have some "new" notions about climbing...and hey, the bouldering there is gooooood too!

yeah, thanks man! thumbs_up.gif I know it will be good times wave.gif

erik said:

Distel32 said:

not all of it!!!! what problems are you getting on that are greasy at squish!? There are so many classic moderates there, 4-8 range

AND COME ON, YOU KNOW THAT I DONT KNOW THE NAMES OF ANY ROUTES!!! ERRR BOULDER PROBLEMS!

oh ok gotcha! I've heard the valley is like that, but I'm soo pumped to get on all those pretty boulders in the meadows

Distel32 said:

erik said:

Distel32 said:

oh ok gotcha! I've heard the valley is like that, but I'm soo pumped to get on all those pretty boulders in the meadows

Hey Erik...think he'll shit his pants when he rounds that first corner and drops into the valley?????????? He'll forget all about the boulders and grab his rack/harness/backpack...

shit...i almost drove off the road cuz i was gawkin' so hard!