bugs

iain

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I had one of those head nets in Alaska for fishing. I think my hands got a lot of bites on them.

Last week, I was up in some alpine lake fishing. I have quite a few bites on my legs. At least I'm not dead yet.

The news said it would be smart to remove all standing water from your yard to get rid of mosquitos. Damn! I live on a lake.

If you stink we don't bite. None of my relatives like the smell of vitamin B1. A used sheet of Bounce (fabric softener) smells bad too. Or that mint herbal repellant that you have to put on every twenty minutes.

meganerd said:

If you go in through Ruth Creek, beware in August. The region surrounding Hannegan Pass, particularly the Ruth Creek Valley has the worst black flies I have ever seen. I swear they're like half a foot long. eeeeeewwww!!!!!!

I agree!

Plan on them being a nightmare. Last weekend I encountered the worst bugs I have ever encountered anywhere on the north side of Stuart. I am heading in to Luna and am fully expecting a complete nightmare. Bring the Cancer causing bug juice. Its the only stuff that works.

Alasdair said:

Plan on them being a nightmare. Last weekend I encountered the worst bugs I have ever encountered anywhere on the north side of Stuart. I am heading in to Luna and am fully expecting a complete nightmare. Bring the Cancer causing bug juice. Its the only stuff that works.

I'm glad it wasn't me just being a sissy. The other thing that shocked me was the fuckers kept hanging around no matter how high you got. I was getting eaten alive at a belay at 8300 feet! pitty.gifthe_finger.gif