Packin' heat...

MtnChicken

Billygoat said:

Who here has saved the day by packin'heat?

Better yet, Billygoat, ask yourself this question: Is there any extent you would not go to to insure the lives and safety of those around you and the ones you love, as best you can? Seriously.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He can build himself a panic room. yelrotflmao.gif Then stay in there for a week until he is sure they are gone.

You know, violent crimes dropped dramatically when Texas started giving just about anybody who wanted one a concealed weapon permit. Also, you don't hear about tourist in Florida getting killed, raped, and kidnapped anymore. You just tell them you are a tourist and they ask how many concealed permits you would like.

It is human nature to fear the unknown. If you don't know if a guy is packing, then you probably will think twice about screwing with him. If MC comes off the trail with a big Desert Eagle strapped to her leg, I would think the hooligan would choose to pick another victim.

Greg_W said:

As far as models and price, consider buying used from a pawn shop. Your dollar goes a bit farther. Again, PM me and we can talk about manufacturers and caliber, etc.

Good luck

Greg_W

Hey, Greg? I have a starling problem - what kind of BB gun do you recommend? grin.gif

AlpineK said:

I went on my very first climbing trip with someone who was packing heat this weekend. I really didn't feel any safer then the thousands of other trips I've been on.

I think you've gotta take GW's comments about guns with a grain of salt. Other than a couple times shooting a gun I've never packed heat, and I've never felt threatened. I think the NRA has a little chip in Greg's head. wink.gif

As to the female part of the equation, I think having a partner or a big dog would be more fun than going solo with a gun.

AK

I'll just bet that a lot of the same folks who don't like the 2nd ammendment.....don't like dogs on trails either. And last time I checked, Mtnchicken would not be allowed to take her dog on a trail inside a national park as that is "illegal".

MisterE said:

Greg_W said:

As far as models and price, consider buying used from a pawn shop. Your dollar goes a bit farther. Again, PM me and we can talk about manufacturers and caliber, etc.

Good luck

Greg_W

Hey, Greg? I have a starling problem - what kind of BB gun do you recommend? grin.gif

Tried and true, baby: Daisy airguns.

Greg_W said:

MisterE said:

Greg_W said:

Good luck

Greg_W

Tried and true, baby: Daisy airguns.

that's right...and a Red Rider if ya can find one.

wave.gif SPECS

Taurus

Model PT145T Millennium Titanium

.45 ACP DAO Auto Pistol

Distributor .....Taurus International Firearms

16175 NW. 49th Ave.

Miami, FL 33014

Model ..............................................PT145T

Operation ...........................Recoil-operated

double-action-only autoloader

Caliber ............................................45 ACP

Barrel length ...........................3.25 inches

Overall length ..........................6.00 inches

Weight, empty .......................17.3 ounces

Safety ..........................Manual striker block;

self-engaging firing pin block;

Taurus Safety Lock

Sights .........................................Low-profile

three-white-dot system

Sight radius .............................5.00 inches

Rifling ............................6 grooves; RH twist

Stocks .........Integral molded polymer frame

Magazine capacity ...................10 rounds

Finish ..........................Natural titanium slide;

blue polymer frame

Yes, the Walther is a good choice. Relatively lightweight, can easily be packed or worn in an ankle holster, and not outlandishly expensive (around $300, I think).

And the gun safety couse would allay concerns about when to use it.

Good luck!

CrazyFlattlander said:

Walther PPK 380. Small, lots of knock down power, and hell you can pretend you are 007. If you buy something, go to the range and get a pro to give you a safety course.

Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer said:

CrazyFlattlander said:

trask said:

You'll shoot your eye out kid!!!

OHMIGOD that is my all time favorite x-mas movie thumbs_up.gif

Have to say that movie is up there!!!!!

CrazyFlattlander said:

trask said:

Well, I didn't see the movie, but that is my nephew's real life experience, except he accidentally put out the eye of his best friend rather than his own.

Off_White said:

CrazyFlattlander said:

trask said:

Well, I didn't see the movie, but that is my nephew's real life experience, except he accidentally put out the eye of his best friend rather than his own.

BUMMER frown.gif the kid in the movie just ended up breaking his glasses. I think the movie is aclled "The Chrismas Story" Totaly worth seeing. Oh and my boys will have a bb gun OVER MY DEAD BODY madgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gif

Off_White said:

CrazyFlattlander said:

trask said:

BUMMER frown.gif the kid in the movie just ended up breaking his glasses. I think the movie is aclled "The Chrismas Story" Totaly worth seeing. Oh and my boys will have a bb gun OVER MY DEAD BODY madgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gif

Yes, these instances are unfortunate. Yet I contend that proper education and safety training goes a long way to making this type of thing the exception rather than the rule. Teaching proper respect and handling of firearms is key when kids are young and guns are in the home.

Greg_W

I agree with educating children about guns, use, care and handeling, if you choose to have them at home. I think bb guns are more often than not given as a "toy" and that is how kids get hurt. If you give a child a bb gun it should be treated as a wepon, because it is. My kids are not mature enough at this point for any such thing.

I think bb guns are more often than not given as a "toy" and that is how kids get hurt. If you give a child a bb gun it should be treated as a wepon, because it is. My kids are not mature enough at this point for any such thing.

Just proved my point: A gun, ANY GUN, is NOT A TOY. It is a tool, and must be respected as such.

Greg_W said:

Billygoat said:

Better yet, Billygoat, ask yourself this question: Is there any extent you would not go to to insure the lives and safety of those around you and the ones you love, as best you can? Seriously.

Thanks for folding like a house of cards, Billygoat; I knew you would. hellno3d.gifthumbs_down.gif

Greg_W said:

Greg_W said:

Billygoat said:

Thanks for folding like a house of cards, Billygoat; I knew you would. hellno3d.gifthumbs_down.gif

Bully!

(Like your new avatar BTW)

RobBob said:

There really is no good use for a BB gun, because it is seen as a 'toy,' when it really isn't. Either entrust a mature kid with a firearm and the responsibilities that go with it...or don't.

I somewhat agree, RB. However, as an entre into shooting sports at a young age (9 or so), it can be a little less imposing than a .22.

Greg_W said:

trask said:

GLOCK 23

Too blocky/bulky for carry, in my opinion; especially if you are small. Makarov makes a nice 9-mm; used about $175. I carry one and nobody at the first picnic ever knew.

Mac's and the like are too propriatory for the non-enthusiest. I'm promoting ease of operation...pull gun out of purse, pull trigger, done deal. Think about it. If the 23 is too blocky, Glock has a single-stacker (I forget the model #).