gslater

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

chirp said:

El Capitan (by Glen Denny) thumbs_up.gif

El Capitan...yes, filmed by Glen Denny in 1969 or prior, but credit must also be given to Fred Padula who did the editing and released the final version in 1978. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

yelrotflmao.gif at each of Cliffhanger, K2, Vertical Limit, pissing off others around us who weren't laughing at the same lines. I have to admit I paid $$ to watch all 3 of those in the theatre. At least the scenery wasn't too bad.

Stallone, prior to Cliffhanger's release, said he was going to make a climbing movie "true to climbers." rolleyes.gif

For the movie K2, I can't forget when two groups of climbers were hanging out on their portaledges on the dry, warm North Face of Fairview Dome with their haul bags and all their wall gear...suddenly, they say they've entered the "snow zone": the haul bags, ledges, and massive wall gear are gone, and they're chugging up a snow slope (on Waddington?) sporting plastic boots, axes and other snow/ice gear, full Gore-tex outifits, and big alpine packs!

FWIW, I've seriously been asked if I've ever used nitroglycerin in the mountains, and many times, if I have a "bolt gun." cantfocus.gif

Watched Eiger Sanction on AMC Thursday. Very good movie. Clint Eastwood movies are great. thumbs_up.gif Stallone movies suck. thumbs_down.gif #1 Eastwood flick is definitely Josey Wale. High Plains Drifter, also great, was shot at Mono Lake on the east side of the Sierras, one of favorite places to go.

Dan_Harris said:

Watched Eiger Sanction on AMC Thursday. Very good movie. Clint Eastwood movies are great. thumbs_up.gif Stallone movies suck. thumbs_down.gif #1 Eastwood flick is definitely Josey Wale. High Plains Drifter, also great, was shot at Mono Lake on the east side of the Sierras, one of favorite places to go.

I agree with Dan on Josie Wales...great movie!

Eiger sanction rules rockband.gif in terms of climbing movies

Cliffhanger isn't bad but there's a lot more cheese in it. John Lithgow is a good actor!

As far as westerns go Outlaw Josey Wales is good, but nothing can hold it's own against The Good The Bad And The Ugly.