Self Matters June 27

Stefan

Sloth_Man said:

Winter sailing rules.

Although, since I still haven't got the engine into my boat yet I didn't get out this winter at all.

But it rules, really, honest,... I did it once............long ago

Summer is for climbing unless you can get to the Straights of Juan De Fuca, other wise summer in southern PS is zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I'm North Sound sukka, San Juans - WooHoo!!!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta have a motor to get in and out of the marina when it's blowing 25+ out of the south. In lighter winds I get in and out fine using the the dinghy engine.

The engine also charges the batteries for running lights, instruments, and interior lights.

In any case I don't make it as far away in a weekend as I used to 'cause the dinghy doesn't move the boat as well when the wind dies. I'm also pretty much stuck in the marina when it's windy. So yeah I need an engine, even on a sailboat.

I hate that shit.

Those guys should get a power boat.

I used to do that all summer in my step dads 50 footer.

Boooooooring.

Yep, I'm out there to sail. If I get caught too far from home to get back to work in time I'll motor, or if the wind dies completely, but otherwise I'm into the sailing.

The boats an expensive project though and the next installment is a new engine.

i did some looking around. one website said the oceanis 350 is "A sexy performance cruiser with many innovations--some excellent, some troublesome." lol. i found some pics, and yeah, it does look like a cruiser; whereas we usually call the first i've sailed on a racer-cruiser. i love the look of the beneteau's.