Climbing in SE BC and AB

ccs

Going to be headed up north to the Bugaboos in early July. After we depart from the Bugs, I was hoping to take a day or two and check out either Jasper or Banff, as I've never been to either. Plus, some of the guys I'm going with would like to do some sport climbing if there's any good places for that. I myself would prefer to continue playing in the alpine for another couple of days but we're trying to make everyone happy. So...any recommendations on spending a day or two w/in a hundred miles or so of the Bugs? The sport climbing would be a plus but we're up for alpine routes, scrambles, or even cool hikes.

Thanks for any ideas.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

spillimacheen near golden is your best bet for sporto

2 crags, 100 pitches, 10s and up.

no guidebook? ask 4 directions in golden route name & grade is posted in little signs at base of route once you get to the cliff.

Last year after the Bugs, we headed north to Jasper. Hadn't been through there before, so it was an amazing drive. We hit one of the sport crags south of Jasper for a couple days. Can't recall the name, but it was a nice little piece of Tennessee. Juggy, steep, bolts, fun.

Ask at the climbing shop in Jasper, they rented us a guidebook for the day and gave plenty of beta.

For sheer tourista gawk-a-monium, take the drive to see Robson.

On our way south, we headed to Roger's Pass for the NW Arete of Sir Donald. Very nice.