Thurs/Fridays

MtnChicken

I'm one of the freaks with wierd days off. I have Thurs/Fri's off weekly. Anybody else in the same predicament and want to go climbing?

Some goals for the summer is: Prussik (if it weren't nearly impossible to get a permit.) N. Ridge of Stuart, moderates in the Wine spires... i'd even just go for some climbing at Index or 38.

I come w/my own gear... and i only whine occasionally wink.gif BTW - i am a gal, so be OK w/ that.

Thanks.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

don't worry about the permit for prusik. it's a really really big wilderness area with 1,000's of places to hide you tent (below the passes, not above). If you get asked on the trail say you're doing it car to car and your giant pack is essential for success.

I'll have lots of days off, but as of now, I'm grounded. good luck.

or just do it car-to-car. It's really not that bad. The nice thing is trail hikers can be worn for the entire length of the approach which really makes it just a trail run with a climb in the middle. Kind of a neat way to do it.

... grounded? Sneak out.

I had missunderstood this whole thing. I thought you needed a permit just to be BACK there, so you only need one to camp? I've played innocent in similar such sitations, "(playing with a pig-tail) so, i stop by the ranger station FIRST?... (giggle)... oh!" But, eh... it's easier to play by the rules.

So, it's pretty do-able as a car-to-car, eh? Hmm... gots me thinking! laugh.gif

Yeah, that's the VERY first thing I did was get a pedicure! WTF was I thinking?...you can bet the nail polish remover stung that day, oh BOY! yellaf.gif

Sorry to ruin your threat and possible your lunch. Good luck w/your new partner, whoever that may be. wazzup.gif

thelawgoddess said:

soon to be unemployed - check your pm's.

How does a LawGoddess become unemployed? wazzup.gif Is this by choice so you can climb more? Mebbe not my business, but I'm just curious. Feel free to smack me down if it's a sensitive subject. wave.gif

OOOOOooo. Ouch! Sorry to hear that. Hope thingz work out well for you soon.

If it's any consolation, I've been forcibly removed from two of the three jobs I've had since matriculation. And I landed on my feet with better pay and benes each time. But if I keep this spray up, I'll go 3 for 3! rolleyes.gif

Best of luck to you. Write when you get work. grin.gif