• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
JoshK

Pfft...typical...

.SYNOPSIS...AN UPPER LEVEL RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD OVER THE REGION TODAY THROUGH THURSDAY. A COOL SHOWERY UPPER LEVEL TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE WILL DROP OVER THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST NEXT WEEKEND.

great weather during the work week and shitty for the weekend. Why does this still surprise me? madgo_ron.gifcry.gif

Saturday looked okay to me, Sunday looks like the worse day but no DEFINITE precip. Depends on location, though, I guess. I checked Index and Darrington.

Rain gear is aid. If you go without showering long enough your skin will be both waterproof AND breathable.

Yeah, saturday ain't so bad. Was hoping to do something alpine and 2 days. The whole SL dropping to 5k thing is annoying tho, I like using my whimpy sleeping bag *and* not freezing.

Don't ever factor in weather when making plans. The forecast will always be wrong anyways.

.... In fact, don't even bother checking the forecast before going out. If some weather moves in while you're high on the mountain, just whip out your celly and call SAR, right? fruit.gif

Fuckin word! madgo_ron.gif Why the fuck is good weather always wasted on the weekdays?!

STFU whiners or the mountain gods will strike you down with rockfall the next time the weather gods smile upon your outings. the_finger.gif

thelawgoddess said:

marylou said:

Thursday and Friday are looking very very good.

thanks. rolleyes.gif work: madgo_ron.gif

Two words: Independent contractor thumbs_up.gif

Kiwi said:

Fuckin word! madgo_ron.gif Why the fuck is good weather always wasted on the weekdays?!

So guys like me can breeze in from out of town on our vacations and climb in good weather during the week! We get the added bonus of impressing our flat-lander friends with climbing photos of blue skies and smiles!

Of course, we'll be in the pubs on the weekends...

bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

Bums like me get to climb with out the crowds. This mid-week sun is good (as long as I've got a partner) So far I like the Washington weather, except for last week.