n.e butt dragontail

bobbyperu

has anyone been on the steep headwall with all dem cracks, very aparent while hiking up the asgard pass trail. somethin' in the beckey guide mentions a route done buy wallace/mcgown?11c thin hand cracks... i'm headin in to the area and am curious, any info would be great... also has anyone done the boving rt. on the nw face earlier in the season, i've heard stories of wettness and rockfall from a cave above the route, i'm all 4 adventure and will check this shit out 1st hand, but would be interested to hear others experiences/ comments, tia -bp (weaksauce)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sweet... i gots all the respect in the world 4 these hardmen bigdrink.gif, maybe the route not worth repeating? confused.gif doubt it though. i can't imagine they wanted to keep it secret, being its published wazzup.gif. sans souci, theres lines 4 all fruit.gif thought it may have been fun 4 those involved to spread the love, i look forward to any info wave.gif tia -bp (big pussy)

He BP I just found this thread. It is way more than Becky states. He says it is a variation , when in fact it is a 12 pitch independent route. He mentioned 5.11c, which is half true. The hardest pitches we lead ground up free where 11c but we toped roped several sections much harder. We did all the pitches "free"(some on tr) at 5.12b. Probably took aid (on lead) on 3 pitches over all.

So it has yet to see a free ascent.(Big Bone being thrown here). Go for it . I have topos of the whole thing and a vivid memory of it!!

As far as just the head wall. I believe the first pitch of it is .11b. The second .11c, and the third is .11d. The 12b is on the pillar below the headwall.