Climbing near Spokane

NewToWA

I just moved up here from Texas and I had promised that I would take my cousins climbing. I was wondering what people thought of the climbing around Spokane or if there was somewhere else where I could easily set up a top rope. And also I heard that the Top rope near Spokane needed tons of webbing - does anyone have info on how long the webbing needs to be.

Thanks

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out the public park called Minnehaha (sp?) in town. Single pitch routes, TRs, and boulders. Guide is available at MountainGear on Division Street, plus they'll be able to turn you on to other places.

Plus, check out Dishman Rocks, Cliffs of Sharron, LaClede near Sandpoint, ID, and Chimney Rocks is a bit more of a drive (no TRs, remote, but way cool).

Send a PM to pindude on this board. He lives in Mead, which is near Spookaloo.

Welcome to the PNW!

Dishman Rocks, Cliffs of Sharron, LaClede near Sandpoint, ID, and Chimney Rock and the Selkirks out of Sandpoint can give you some of the best short crag climbing in WA State.

Vantage has some decent climbing but nothing in comparison to the variety of what is closer to Spokane.

While Chimney Rock is a decent walk and a fair drive, with no top ropes, you would be hard pressed to find better alpine granite.

Takes very little to hang a top rope @ Dishman or Minni. A few dbl size slings will easy do it. Most have multiple bolt anchors on the top which you and your dog can easy walk to at either area. Both areas are more than worth the effort. Try Minni first as the routes are generally easier and more varied. Good stuff for beginners can easily be set up. If that gets boring drive 15 minutes across the valley and try Dishman.

Edited by Dane