• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Dave_Schuldt

PUGET SOUND AREA PUB CLUB 6/24

By the way: in a very impressive display of juggling, Dryad made the CATCH OF THE NIGHT! When she saw that Brian was catching some air, falling over the massive roof on the East Wall of Repo I, she did the "reverse Lambone maneuver" and dropped to the ground, thereby taking an additional three feet of slack out of the system and reducing the chance that he might pull her out of position somehow. It was actually quite impressive! Take note, all of you! (And she didn't even drop the cell phone call.)

Just from the gasp I heard out of AlpineK, I didn't need to look, to know he was shaking his head in disbelief. He figured this piker had done gone and earned himself a trip to the hospital.

mattp said:

By the way: in a very impressive display of juggling, Dryad made the CATCH OF THE NIGHT! When she saw that Brian was catching some air, falling over the massive roof on the East Wall of Repo I, she did the "reverse Lambone maneuver" and dropped to the ground, thereby taking an additional three feet of slack out of the system and reducing the chance that he might pull her out of position somehow. It was actually quite impressive! Take note, all of you! (And she didn't even drop the cell phone call.)

And didn't spill any beer either! grin.gif

Just kidding. Thanks for the compliment, Matt.

judging by what I see a lot of cyclists wearing, riding a bike gives you free license to wear whatever the hell you want w/no regard for human life.

iain said:

judging by what I see a lot of cyclists wearing, riding a bike gives you free license to wear whatever the hell you want w/no regard for human life.

yelrotflmao.gif

iain said:

Even lycra. Justified on the basis of wind resistance.

So who may have picked up the crazy creek chair I left there?

confused.gif

Please PM me and Ill get it back. I found a crampon in the southern Pickets if someone here is looking to get it back as well

Someone picked up your crazy creek chair. I think it was either Mattp or AlpineK.

420littlehitler.jpg

I climbed Kinder and Gentler Carpet Bombing (to the left of the route in the picture) last night and it sure looked like a bolted crack climb. I was wondering if anyone knew the history of this climb.

Yep, it is near the smaller of two trees to the left of a 5.11b, which is Little Hitler, I am not mistaken. The route as it exists now has been there for at least two years.