To chalk or not to chalk?!?!

carolyn

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RuMR said:

Here's an idea for you...

Back east, we would mix isopropyl alcohol w/ chalk...use a squeeze ketchup bottle...work this into your hands really well...it'll go from a liquid to a paste and then finally a dry film of chalk that gets into your skin...forms a chalk base, if you will...then regular chalking tends to last better...don't need it out here since the humidity isn't as great...

Thanks RumR will give a try, I sweat like a bitch, as I'm sitting hear typing my hands are dripping... goes a long way with the ladies... yelrotflmao.gif

carolyn said:

Honestly, its not the 'ethical issue' that bothers me so much. I learned to climb without chalk. I rarely feel the need for it or forget...even with the humidity and typical slick basalt out here.

I will at least try and remember to bring my bag climbing with me...maybe even clip it onto my harness?!?!

Then just don't bring it. One less thing to forget. One less thing to clip onto your harness. Once you get hooked on it, you'll probably be like Dr. Hook, sweating while he just thinks about climbing hellno3d.gif.

The use of chalk in climbing is standard too.

I too used to sweat just reading or even thinking about climbing. Then I read some newagey BS about training yourself not to need it by just not using it. I tried it, and now I don't use chalk usually.

Give it a try Dr. Hook! Get unhooked!!!

carolyn said: Rumr...that potion has to just dry the shit outta your hands in the long run!

If'n you're worried about the appearance of your hands, try some other sport...god, my hands look gross...like they got in between a meat grinder and a belt sander...COOL!

Or, you could rub some lotion in at the end of the day...

RuMR said:

carolyn said: Rumr...that potion has to just dry the shit outta your hands in the long run!

If'n you're worried about the appearance of your hands, try some other sport...god, my hands look gross...like they got in between a meat grinder and a belt sander...COOL!

Or, you could rub some lotion in at the end of the day...

Not concerned about how my hands look - if you saw them, you would believe me. More concerned about how they FEEL. I despise the feeling of dry hands and feet!

I was in gymnastics for about 10yrs, as well. Used chalk up the wazoo. I would wake up in tears as a child in the middle of the night cause my hands hurt so much (mainly dryness). Sometimes I would put vaseline on them....then put gloves or socks on so I didnt feel as uncomfortable. Strange, I know. But one's got to do what one's got to do to get their sleep, ya know!

catbirdseat said:

trask said:

I wear mine as a protective cover on my dick

Chalk bag as codpiece. Dude, be careful not to pull the drawstring too tight. It limits circulation.

Excellent plug for my Kerochalk brand of waterproof chalk. Scary new horizon, though, too. Trask has probably bred at this stage so there is no Darwin Award angle, however, I will add Nonoxynol-9 to the formula.