Dreaming of Summer

highclimb

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been under the impression that the Valhalla is pretty much the standard way to do the N ridge these days. I'd love to hear other's experiences about it--I too have been wanting to get on the Black Ice and the N Ridge for a while. They were on the short list for my Tetons pilgrimage last year but I went too early in the season for north-side stuff. Maybe this will be the year.

Hey Vert.Turtle--I did the E ridge myself in '96. What did you think? I thought the grovel factor was a bit high, but it's still one of the coolest routes I've ever done in the mountains (a very chilly night out above the second pillar notwithstanding . . .)

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

to keep aiden's post alive, cause it is always entertaining to read other's dreams. i have come to a preminsion(sp) that we should all take the summer off from climbing and become good citizens, helping others. this is a dream that includes world peace and the end of hunger. (very nice dream, though i am a 23yr old conservative)

or we could keep talking about the goods. smile.gif

so as i sit here at work and look over guide books, read classic mtnering litiature(sp), i can come up with so many dreams and wishes. how can we only climb in the cascades or the rockies or the sierra and somebody said they had mtns out east. grin.gif

how do we broaden our scope as climbers and people? i think that it comes with self motivation and intertwinging outselves with others that share a positive message. this website is a fullfillment of part of a dream.(read THE aac) here we can interact with other climbers, share our experiences and hopefully take something from each posting that we read. wether it be a flaming, outragoues dialouge or an actual trip report.

so my real dream for the summer is for complete utter bliss for everyone, for whatever that they do. haul loads to muir for others, send the girth pillar in a day or learn to tie the figure 8 at exit 38.

i write this for several reasons, some chick i met last night grounded me, a young climber i met last night shared his idealistic hopes and attitude & i have only slept 3 hours last nite. i saw myself in this "kid" and thought thats what i am or was like? harsh dude! as this past couple months i have been able to excel in my abilities and answer some of my dreams. i personally feel that i have grown and hoped to have made an impact on others in a positive light.

so in retrospect i would like to apologize/thank everyone i have impacted or who has impacted me and only hope that others feel the same.

so my dream is for everyone to have a totally excellent and safe summer.

p.s. wallstein leaves for the valley in a couple of days and i need a new super adventure partner to help push myself to new heights and dreams.

p.p.s. if you have read this far thank you!

jah

erik

If this summer is nearly as promising as this winter has been here in the NW, chances are that summer dream woman will instead be boating a class 5 in a Depends diaper, leading each day with 5.12, 48 ouncers, hobble 20 miles a day, look like Abbey and roll like a fatty. Personally, I'm heading for California.