Newbie looking for partners - (Eastside)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dude, she said "sport climbing"? geez. rolleyes.gif

i might be up for some evening climbing. if we're talking gyms, stone gardens is it for me. (i can't afford to go anywhere else!) i live in seattle, but i'm usually done with work by 4pm so hitting up exit 38 in the evening is definitely feasible.

i take it from your first post that you don't lead yet?

no harm in trying, but there's definitely a difference. both have their ups and downs. cantfocus.gif from my own personal experience with people who haven't climbed much, some people actually get freaked out climbing (and even belaying) on gear. don't knock sport climbing, dude. it's like bouldering but with way bigger boulders! (btw, when we going to smiff?)

I've done a bit of outdoor climbing, so I'm not absolutely green ; I usually get off work (in Downtown Seattle) about 5; home by 5:30 or so (yup some of us still have the ol' grind...); the only lead climbing I've done is some basic training (clip into/cleanup of bolted routes and anchors) and practice during a 5 week class I took indoors. But ya can't get better if ya don't try it...

yellaf.gif

PS I have some basic gear, but am not all outfitted..

Edited by climbinggirl35

Dude...I suck, i suck bad...but its all fun and its a hoot to get thrashed hard core and there is some really sick stuff up there that the good doctor left us before he departed for New York City...

We should hook up...i'll prolly be rolling up to si this thursday...man, i'm finally starting to lose my "tire"...down to 128...only 8 to 9 more pounds to go...

Is anyone really interested?

I spoke to Mike and he said we could have a big climbing night that would get you accerss to the gym for free by using your avatar followed up by a pub club at the flying pig and get some good deals or something on barrels of beer and stuff.

Fence Sitter and Mystic Nacho will follow it up by streaking the streets of Everett