Prusik Peak:West Ridge

AlpinistAndrew

I climbed the West Ridge of Prusik Peak with a friend this past weekend. We hiked into Colchuck Lake on Friday afternoon and camped there on Friday night. On Saturday we trudged up to the top of Aasgard Pass and hiked over to Prusik Peak. We roped up and climbed the West Ridge. and then rapped (4 single rope rappels) down the back side to the snow. My friend led it, he led in boots unitl the slab pitch, then he put on rock shoes, I wore my boots the whole time. It was a really fun route, I really enjoyed it. We left our packs and ice axes at the base of the ridge. We then hiked back to aasgard pass and glissaded/plunge stepped back to colchuck lake. Fortunately the snow was nice and soft. In the morning when we ascened the snow was as hard as ice, crampons would have been very nice. We then hiked out and got to the cars at 11pm. What an awesom place. thumbs_up.gifgrin.gif

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You must have seen the four of us then. We got off onto the snow at around noonish. There was a guy and a gal and I think two others ahead of them.

Having done the descent by both single and double ropes, I would say I prefer single. The rap route isn't vertical enough to throw doubles very far.

yeah, we saw the group of four. We also saw the guy and gal, they passed us at the last pitch of the climb. I thinked we talked to one of the guys in the group of four while we were working our way up the first pitch. when we reached the summit a group was just topping out from their climb of the south face.