I can walk!

layton

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of thought from someone who's been there:

Try to be careful with the pain meds. It's a tough go when you first start walking again.

A massage to do some lymphatic drainage and stimulate circulation will do your body good. If that's why GGK is asking if you are still in the 'ham, and he's offering you one, take him up on it. thumbs_up.gif

Best of luck, Mike! grin.gif

I'm in B'ham until Monday night. I'd quite like to go drinkin' at Casa tonight if anyone is reading this.

I'll be back on the 26th. I walked 6 miles today (very very slowly) on the N.Lake Whatom trail. Old man training!

I might drop a line now and then, but I'm going to Chicago to rest and get away from climbing and spraying for a spell. Look out when I get back. I don't plan on resting till I'm through w/the cascades.

As for pain meds... I haven't had a pain pill in weeks ('cept for Ibu to keep down the swelling). My pain meds come fermented in a pint glass.

Edited by michael_layton

Mike,

I was on crutches for four months - ice hockey accident. Anyway, check out the Chicago River Canoe and Kayak rentals, on the river just south of Addison. It is about 3 hours roundtrip to the Sears Tower and back. Sure the river smells like shit, but it's an interesting run.