dont think its Waddington yellaf.gif

heres a hint

register on bivy.com

click on wedge Mountain

click on javamap, 100km radius

figure out your bearing - looks like straight southwest over Rainbow to me

draw the line and see what lines up

are you shitting me? that's too much work, son

Yeh, definitely didn't think it was the big W. I was viewing biv.com's java maps prior to my inquiry, but couldn't come up with a satisfactory answer. Not sure about Ashlu either. Drawing a line from Wedge, directly over Magic (about 15' on vertical coord.) puts Ashlu a bit to the south. Maybe Mount Albert or thereabouts??

Magic?

Naw, its not Albert. albert doesnt look like that or have a higher glaciated pk south of it.

You should have taken the pic horizontal not vertical, with more background, if you wanted to ID pks cantfocus.gif

Why the hell did you slog up W ridge anyways thumbs_down.gif I hope you were at least smart enuf to go down N ridge yellaf.gif

Sorry..I meant Rainbow, not Magic (don't ask). Went up Wedge Couloir, not WR (big difference there, eh). Would have preferred NE Arete, but to those I was with, the route was unfortunately not an option. I regret not having just solo'd it myself. Lame. fuck.

I think your mystery peak is most probably Mt. Queen Bess (10,869 ft). See here Phil's Coast Range Trip for a good comparative picture (it is the 29th picture in the set labeled "Looking south to the Homathko icefield, and Mt Queen Bess." Other pictures can be found on Bivouac.com (but they're not that good). Queen Bess is about 200km NW of Garibaldi.

The distance from Garibaldi to Queen Bess would be about the same as the distance from Mt. Rainier to Mt. Baker and I know you can see one of these from the other on a clear day. There is a mass of mountains to the left of the mystery peak. Waddington could be hiding behind this. It is also conceivable that the mass on the left edge of the photograph is itself Mt. Waddington, which would put it and QB in the right places relative to each other.

I suppose it is possible your mystery peak is Waddington, but it doesn't look high enough relative to the adjacent peaks. It's also not rugged enough. Plus, it's too solitary to be Waddington. Waddington is closely surrounded by some pretty big peaks (like Combatant, Tiedman, and Munday). Munday would be on the front left of your mystery peak if it were Waddington. There's just nothing there.

Fuck who knows. Queen Bess sounds like the best guess to me. I've taken photos of it but from the opposite side.

I didnt bother to read your website or which direction you took it from\looking to.

Sounds like you didn't climb the N Ridge of Wedge. It's better than Eldorado and a long way to drive just to slog up the descent. Bummer for you.

Ah, no faqing way it is QB boxing_smiley.gif. You are looking almost due WEST in photo, QB would be way more north than that and have all sorts of 9500+ peaks in the way. Lilloooet, Stanley, Good Hope,Gilbert, Raliegh, MONMOUTH, &c., &c.

That being said, I'm still not sure, but Tinniswood is prob the peak at far left and ???? Clendenning/Sims in between.

The reason you can see Rainier from Baker is because it's 14 thousand fucking feet and there's nothing in between but gapers madgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gif