BG TRAIL USERS BEWARE!!!!!!

Dave_Schuldt

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Narrow arterials are just that. Don’t expect to go as fast on 40th as you can on 50th. Do the Metro busses stopping at every other block piss you off as much as the cyclists? Also the side streets frequently don’t go the whole way through. This is the case around 40th

Yes the busses piss me off. They could easily get rid of 1/2 the marked bus stops; I don't worry about killing the bus though.

There are some points on N 40th where you need to be on the street, however you don't have to be on it all the way across town.

I don't ride all the time, but when I do I use side streets next to arterials when I can. Plus I know a bunch of people who ride a lot who criticize bikers on narrow arterials.

Jim said:

She was dumbstruck and I thought she was going to start to cry. I left it.

i'm not trying to defend her, but in all honesty sometimes we don't see you guys. and it's not that we aren't paying attention or looking. i've had cyclists sneak up on my blind spot and try to pass straight through on the right in a right-hand turn lane.

thelawgoddess said:

Jim said:

i'm not trying to defend her, but in all honesty sometimes we don't see you guys.

Just staying between the lanes is hard enough when you're dialing that cell.

thelawgoddess said:

Jim said:

i'm not trying to defend her, but in all honesty sometimes we don't see you guys. and it's not that we aren't paying attention or looking. i've had cyclists sneak up on my blind spot and try to pass straight through on the right in a right-hand turn lane.

I would agree that honest mistakes are made and I ride conservatively. But in this case she started behind be and I was signalling my turn. She was just in a rush and wanted to zip around me. Why she came back in my lane and brushed me is beyond me.

Thanks Norm,

Laws / Safety

Street Smarts: Bicycling Traffic Survival Guide (40pp. booklet)

Washington State Bicycle Traffic Laws

Sharing the Road: A Guide for Motorists and Cyclists

Share the Road: Safety Tips for Cyclists and Motorists

Share the Trail

Think I'll order em up today and give em a read! Now if the Jersey Boys would just do the same..........

edit: I actually found the first two online at

http://home.attbi.com/~larryleveen/laws.pdf

http://www.bikexprt.com/streetsmarts/usa/index.htm

another decent resource:

http://home.attbi.com/~larryleveen/

Now all I need is a little time to digest them.

Edited by Thinker

Another lesson for the children.

Don't let some beemer bitch try to get sympathy from you by pulling out the 'I'm gonna cry' shit. The bitch almost killed you, so make her cry already. Call her all the bad words you can think of.

No doubt she went home and bitched to her sugar daddy about the biker who ran into her on the road.

Whatever you do don't reinforce that 'I'm gonna cry' shit. You'll get plenty of that pulled on you in the future so you'd better start hardening up right quick if you don't want to be used, abused, and left feeling like a jerk.