BG TRAIL USERS BEWARE!!!!!!

Dave_Schuldt

trask said:

you bicyclists try holding up traffic on the darrington hyway and watch the full cans of beer whizzing by your heads. hope you have a good insurance policy. talk all the smack you want...that's life in the country...guaranteed the_finger.gif

And as you watch your trailer home burn down take into consideration that the person you were throwing cans at might have a photographic memory to remember your license plate. wave.gif

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jon said:

trask said:

you bicyclists try holding up traffic on the darrington hyway and watch the full cans of beer whizzing by your heads. hope you have a good insurance policy. talk all the smack you want...that's life in the country...guaranteed the_finger.gif

And as you watch your trailer home burn down take into consideration that the person you were throwing cans at might have a photographic memory to remember your license plate. wave.gif

I GOT ACCESS TO DMV RECORDS!! LET ME KNOW!!

yellaf.gif

jon said:

Fine! I'll say it! When I'm on hour 5 of a 6 hour ride and I'm soaking wet and freezing cold and bonking out of my mind I could honestly give a fuck whether I'm holding you up from a hair appointment that you are already late for.

or making Kiwi late for his gynecologist appointment... eat a dick! what does it make you feel guilty that people are commuting to work? if you are really in that big of a rush wake up earlier... sheesh... big deal... you being held behing a bicyclist for 30 seconds (at the most) that is going 10-15 under will make you what? 5 secodns later than usual? pipe down and start snorting your prozac cause bicyclists will always be part of traffic. how many times have you ever been SERIOUSLY impeded by a bicyclist? any? or are you just tossing out hypothetical reasoning? uh huh... mabe once or twice right... out of you busy important life... rolleyes.gifthe_finger.gif

jon said:

trask said:

I'm afraid you wouldn't have much of a memory after being beaned with a 12 oz. Budweiser. You'd have to have it video taped to hold up in court. Go ahead tough guy, I can use the money. STFU Erik, you don't know what you're talking about.

Fence_Sitter said:

or making Kiwi late for his gynecologist appointment... eat a dick! what does it make you feel guilty that people are commuting to work? if you are really in that big of a rush wake up earlier... sheesh... big deal... you being held behing a bicyclist for 30 seconds (at the most) that is going 10-15 under will make you what? 5 secodns later than usual? pipe down and start snorting your prozac cause bicyclists will always be part of traffic. how many times have you ever been SERIOUSLY impeded by a bicyclist? any? or are you just tossing out hypothetical reasoning? uh huh... mabe once or twice right... out of you busy important life... rolleyes.gifthe_finger.gif

It's not about speeding to arrive somewhere faster, or being mad that someone's making you late. It's about a relaxed state of mind. Being held up by slow drivers or bikers destroys my serenity and provides me discomfort.

Oh, btw, if I was on an empty road of freeway, I'd cruise 10 mph below the limit. I only speed in traffic to get away from the other cars.

Kiwi said:

Fence_Sitter said:

It's not about speeding to arrive somewhere faster, or being mad that someone's making you late. It's about a relaxed state of mind. Being held up by slow drivers or bikers destroys my serenity and provides me discomfort.

Oh, btw, if I was on an empty road of freeway, I'd cruise 10 mph below the limit. I only speed in traffic to get away from the other cars.

translation:

you have road rage and when you see someone slowing you down in any way you wanna bash the shit out of them with your car cause your "serenity" was interrupted? yellaf.gif

why would you rush when there is traffic and be pissed about going 10 MPH less... but when given the chance to go the actual speed limit (or a smidgen faster) you go the same fuckin speed? confused.gif i think the exhaust is killing your brain foo! yellaf.gif

Kiwi said:

Fence_Sitter said:

wow...that's just odd. silly stuff makes you tense. dpn't get how it's stressful to be held up a few seconds when there are other cars on the rode and to drive an equal speed when there aren't. you might as well be a woman...you make no sense.

If a car pulls out in front of you (and you have to brake hard to avoid hitting them), then procedes to do 10-20 mph under the speed limit, I can see getting pissed off (I know I do... it happened yesterday and I got pissed off.) Driving slow in the left lane for no apparent reason is proof that you're either an asshole or completely oblivious to your surroundings and shouldn't be allowed to drive at all. With a few exceptions (heavy traffic, merging traffic, etc.), the left lane is for passing, not travelling. If you're not passing the car on your right, either speed up or slow down, but don't go the same speed. And for gosh sakes use your fucking turn signal! They should issue stiff tickets for "lane violations".

As for biking, even on backroads, I rarely see more than a few cars built up behind bikes. If you're a biker, and you see that there are more than 5 cars behind you, please do them a favor and pull off the road if they can't pass you while you're moving. If people would actually stop to think about the other person for once, everything would move so much smoother. If you're the biker, think about the car, if you're the car, think about the biker.

Like I said, I speed to get away from the other cars. I guess I don't like being crowded.

As I said before, traffic density it quantitative. So I weave through dense slow traffic to get into one of those 'dead zones' in between the traffic packets to where there are no cars. Then I cruise at my own pace and regain my serenity.

I drive slowly on an empty road because I enjoy driving and there is no rush. In heavy traffic, I'm getting tail gated or slowed down left and right. Tense.

Here's a pictoral diagram:

traffic.jpg

Kiwi said:

Like I said, I speed to get away from the other cars. I guess I don't like being crowded.

As I said before, traffic density it quantitative. So I weave through dense slow traffic to get into one of those 'dead zones' in between the traffic packets to where there are no cars. Then I cruise at my own pace and regain my serenity.

I drive slowly on an empty road because I enjoy driving and there is no rush. In heavy traffic, I'm getting tail gated or slowed down left and right. Tense.

Here's a pictoral diagram:

traffic.jpg

actually i experience large amounts of zen while biking. that may interfere with your karma some, but in a holeistic way there is still a net gain in total positive energy in the universe, so you are actually happier when i'm holding you up on my bike you just haven't reached a high enough level of meditation to realize it. same for trask.

'Scuse me while I belch...

Hoo-yeah! Now, do I understand correctly that if I ride my bike out toward Glacier Peak this weekend, boys driving by from around Darrington will be pitchin' cans of beer my way? Now, I will admit that would be generous of them, but are they really all that fucking stupid? After all, bouncing those cans off the highway just wastes a lot of beer and makes what is left all foamy and hard to drink.

madgo_ron.gif

yeah, drinking foam sucks! say no to foam! even rednecks know this, they wouldn't even consider wasteing beer lik that.

i have seen folks pitch half empties that got warm, like the guy who hurled one at my parent's old van I was driving when i first got my driver's lisence. i stopped to fight with him and realized i was outnumbered about 4 to 1 so i went to my oldersister's boyfriends house and picked up some of her stoner friends that really liked partying in the van who were riled up by the time we made it back to the throwing beer dude's broken down car. he didn't like that. bad stoners boxing_smiley.gifthumbs_up.gif

The signs read: “delay of more than 5 vehicles illegal slow vehicles must use pullouts”. If it’s a 2 lane road with no shoulder I’m taking the lane until a shoulder appears. Too many SUVs seem to think they take up the same space as a Civic, and it’s too dangerous to pop off the black top at 20 MPH.

I’m loving the irony of people willing to chuck beer cans at cyclists crying about name calling and rules of the road.

So I weave through dense slow traffic to get into one of those 'dead zones' in between the traffic packets to where there are no cars. Then I cruise at my own pace and regain my serenity.

thanks for the diagrams, that helped ( crazy.gif). i guess the logical conclusion is that serenity is not a stable state or at least is not dependent on going at one's own pace since 1) doing so will lead to encountering another packet of 'slow ass mofos' and 2) packets of 'slow ass mofos' don't go at the same 'slow ass mofos' speed and 3) trying to avoid catching up or being squeezed between packets of 'slow ass mofos' will lead to losing one's serenity. hahaha.gif

are you publishing soon on this?