Mountainfreak Magazine?

mrefranklin

A couple of years ago, back when I was doing a little work in the outdoor industry, I went to the Outdoor Retailer show and picked up one of the many free magazines that they always give away there. There was a magazine called Mountainfreak that I thought was pretty fun. I can't find any info on it now so I'm assuming that it must be defunct. Can anyone confirm or deny?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So the million dallar question is: Did you let your subscription run out or did the issues just stop arriving?

Nekkid mountain chicks are fun. I went to a Warren Harding slide show where he kept inserting picture of nekkid hippie girls in between his slides of climbs in the valley. One of the best slide shows I ever attended.

Gee MR. E, was that Harding show at UCSC?

Many a nice rack in that show. Including the bottles of Christian Bros. brandy for the climbs. When he was talking about the FA of the wall of early morning light, he made a pretty telling comment about getting worried when they were getting low on booze- after they had already run out of water and were collecting it from drips off the wall!

WH rockband.gif

erik said:

sux when you blow your trustfund on an all hemp magazine!!!!

thats pretty much the story i know of the magazine. but the publisher/editor was promising to restart the mag at some point. might happen.

this mag has had at least two lives: http://www.mountaingazette.com/

similar shit went down with elevation magazine. my ineducated opinion is they paid way too fuckin much on printing costs and tried to grow like a mother fucker. elevation mag onced quoted to me that they had a subscription base of 50,000. no way. or they were giving 30,000 of em away.

i hope that when the economy jumps again these mags reappear.