The Best and Worst of the Year Suck2001

Dwayner

The year known as Suck2001 has fortunately come to a close. It is once again time to reflect and comment on the successes and failures of the previous twelve months. Here is your opportunity to present your opinion of the best and worst of alpine arena or cc.com. Here is a sample:

Worst: being introduced to the word "freshies" which I am now confident is the wussiest word in the alpine vocabulary.

Best: Big Lou haiku.

- go with it.

aloha, Dwayner

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, i gotta agree that "freshies" is a dumb word. it's decidedly un-alpine, making me think of air fresheners, morning ablutions -- hell, anything else but new snow! it's always been called powder, or if you prefer, "pow pow", but for God's sake not "freshies".

[ 01-02-2002: Message edited by: summitseeker ]

The race between Caveman and Dru for the most posts falls in one of the two categories but I'm undecided as to which one.

The best thread that kept me laughing for weeks was about how climbing is girl repellent. You boys crack me up! Now that I actually know some of you it is even funnier. [laf]

This is RURP. Anyone who uses the word "freshies" around me gets sent home from the Big Wall. It is a pathetic and undignified word and I must unfortunately agree with Mr. Trask: it sounds like little girls talking about their dolls. [hell no] Or maybe something that Mr. pope applies to his butt after he uses the toilet at Narada Falls.

RURP has spoken.

This is RURP:Summitseeker said:"it's always been called powder, or if you prefer, "pow pow"... "Pow-pow" is perhaps even worse than "freshies". It sounds like a little baby requesting his blanket, kayak, or whatever.RURP has spoken.

[ 01-02-2002: Message edited by: RURP ]

Best and worst of 2001? Tough call . So many good and not so good things happened in this electronic community.

I got a real kick out of Beck's adventures with Teddy Ruxpin. The response to Scott's complaint about dope smokers in the Flatulence Hilton was quite entertaining as well. The Dan's Dreadful Direct fiasco was interesting. It was good to see that there are so many differing opinions out there, even better to see what some will do to back up their beliefs, but kinda sucky to see how seriously some can take themselves.

I got some good beta off of the boards, and was seriously entertained by the majority of what I read. The instant graemlins are great [hell no] , and one of these days, now that my daughter is a year old, I'll make it to a pubclub to meet those that I don't know and maybe get to see some that I do.

Oh yeah, from a sheer statistical standpoint Cavey & Dru, you guys ROCK!!!!! grin.gif" border="0

Best/Worst of CC.com:

Best: Matt Anderson's Rainbow Wall TR.

Worst: 20 pages and 499 posts concerning some passive aggressive pussy who can't ask someone to smoke outside the hut rolleyes.gif" border="0

Biggest Losers: Cell phone posse [Moon]

Most entertaining newbie: Dan Larson (who, by the way, sucks) [laf]

Most beta tucked into a single skull: Dru

Energizer bunny award: Caveman

American Climbing in general:

Best (3 way tie): The crazy shit that went down in Alaska last season. 5.13 trad on the Diamond. Dave Graham's sport monkey tick list.

Worst (tie): Caldwell cutting off his finger after surviving the Kryzgkstan ordeal, freeing the Muir Wall, and freeing the hardest line on the Diamond. The "Sharma stripped of World Cup win for smoking herb" thing.

In my personal climbing:

Best: New areas, it's all new when you move. Worst: Injuries, injuries, and more injuries

A better question might be:

Why did this man have to spend $30 on a Gorilla bar and the better part of an afternoon yanking out these bolts? As you may notice, there's a crack about two feet from that particular bolt.

Many of us know who this person is, and I know why the trees are growing diagonal..because I was laying down on my side when I shot the picture (or maybe Caveman actually shot that one, he's a little "off center" anyway...that could explain the diagonal trees)