Feathered Friends bag dilemma

Dustin_B

I need to get another sleeping bag and I have pretty much decided on a Feathered Friends bag. Here is my dilemma, I can't decide between the 0-degree Ibis and the 10-degree Raven. I'll mostly be using it for winter climbs/backcountry trips in the Cascades but I'd like to have the flexibility to take it to Canada, Alaska (non-winter), and maybe some mountains in S. America (non-winter) at some point. I'll have to get a size long so that adds weight. The Ibis weighs 6 ozs more than the Raven (per catalogue). So I ask "Which one should I get," and then you say "Well it depends on how warm you sleep, where you'll be using it, how high, time of year, the weather, what you ate for dinner, alignment of the plants, etc."

So I guess my question is this: have you been cold in the 10-degree bag; if so where? Do you have one bag and wish that you had the other? Sounds like a stupid question but I guess I'm trying to get someone to push me in one direction or the other. Any complaints about either bag? Anything you wish you would have ordered differently? (I'd get the 800+ upgrade and Epic fabric). Do I ask too much from one bag? Maybe I'll get the 10-degree with overfill. Thanks in advance for all your thoughtful, helpful opinions.... grin.gifwave.gif

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had my Feathered Friends bag for about 12 years now. Still super lofty softy. I would get the overfill, you can always unzip. The little extra weight/warmth is worth it when you are trying to sleep cold, wet, and hungry.

My bag was 0 rated 12 years ago and still is.

fruit.gif