scott backes is hardcore!

thelawgoddess

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Scott Backes slide show last night rockband.gif ed!!

It was refreshinglydifferent than any other slideshow that I'd ever seen. You never know what you'll get when you go see a slideshow. A lot of them surprisingly suck, due to the presenter (no matter how badass they may be, I find that is totally irrelevant) being a terrible speaker, a terrible story teller, a terrible photographer, etc etc. The reason Scott's was great was because he is a very eloquent speaker and storyteller, and he really focused a lot on the deeper psychological side of climbing. He didn't just go on and on about each and every pitch of a climb blah blah blah, but actually went into great depth about his mental preparations for trips, his motivations and emotions surrounding expeditions and friendships, the general psychology on why he climbs and what he gets out of it. Scott seems to be one of the few people that has thought about and can actually put all this emotional and psychological stuff into words, and he does it very eloquently. The slideshow was definitely in a class above any other I've ever seen. It was very inspirational.

A big thanks to Scott for coming out and rockband.gifing the house last night (and going drinkin' with the crew as well)! And a thanks to the organizers for throwing this thing together. Nice work.

Szyjakowski said:

so did I!

wtf are you? moon.gif (ha, ha.)

yeah, dalius, scott is an amazing guy. his passion for climbing emanates from him in many ways, and i walked away from the show wishing i had someone like that in my life to help me train physically and mentally ... and to keep me in check as to what it's all about. not that i really need help with the last part, but anyway. he seemed bright, too. so glad i got to be there!

Scott Backes had some great, inspiring passages he read about what motivates the climber in every one of us, the passion that it arises from and he is one badass climber- everyone should have seen the pics of their climb up the mostly vertical Czech Direct route up Denali-

His inspirational stuff he read was way cool- Scott Backes is the Henry Rollins rockband.gif of the vertical rock world!!!

and he came to pub club! bigdrink.gif

Just a heads up on this Backes slideshow thread -

The Cascades Mountaineers will be hosting Scott's slide show and speaking engagement in Bend June 10th, 7:30 Summit High School.

The Central Oregon mountain community has really rallied for this event

Check out www.cascadesmountaineers.org for more info on the HUGE Raffle along with a Rockin' Scott Backes Slide Show in Bend!