Great to be back

chirp

Heya! Just wanted to post out a big Howdy I just moved back to the NW from Vegas ( was there 7 years) and I realize now what a sweet place this area is. Vegas is really a heinous place to live smile.gif...climbing is fully top notch but the quality of life is rather dubious. Anyhow im in Tacoma and am psyched to hit the local crags again.

Question: anyone here climbed at the Kanasket columns recently? Its a cool bunch of glueups on a trestle over the green river...near Kanasket. back in the day is was pretty fun. Is it still there? access issues? rednecks shot off all the holds? OK nuff, be safe and have fun!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, NO thats not my idea...BUT its the only area I havent heard anything about. I've been scoping all my old haunts. But actually if you must know, climbing glueups in a lush forest near a cool, green, life rich, NON alkali body of water... versus climbing in 100 degrees on a urban ghetto limestone sport crag near suburbia...i'll choose the glue ups :P

Really, its just one aspect of climbing I enjoy. It happened to be a nice place to go, outside, protected from the rain and away from the crowds. <--- something im getting very very tired of so I choose to climb in obscure areas. Im now looking at nailing the clay banks off Point Defiance smile.gif

Edited by chirp

Tacoma is improving, really... smile.gif The YMCA even has a climbing wall (uhhh yeah). Im really impressed tho, its amazing if you leave and area for a length of time you really realize how nice your former home was. The green, the moisture, the water. WOW.

Regardless, if any of ya are in Tacoma, drop by the Starbucks on the UW campus and say howdy, im the follically challenged fello behind the bar. ( To temper any anti-Starbucks flames which will most surely follow, Ive been working at *$ for 14 years and find it to be a fun job with mostly cool peeps. The corporate aspect isnt my fave but hell when I started we only had 32 stores. )

kitten said:

Szyjakowski said:

chirp-

Your avatar pic scares the sheit outa me!

Yeah me to. blush.gif

Reminds of the movie 'Pulp Fiction' - oh bad imagery in my head. Blah blah blah hellno3d.gif

He's missing the ball gag.

Hey Spider, git the Gimp!