best goggles for riding around Rainier July 5?

izlat

Hello all

This is more riding vs. climbing but someone might be in the know and willing to share it

I am trying to understand what would be the best goggles to purchase for riding around Rainier in July. I think my polarized sunglasses (Native Nano 2 - I like them much better than the 2 pairs of Oakleys I have and they also have much better warranty and are cheaper!) should be enough but if we get a whiteout and high winds, i might need a pair of goggles. It seems that I would only need a yellow / rose lens for this but I am not sure.

I am prepared to spend as much as I need for top quality product. Any opinions on the Oakley Wisdom? I am no fan of Oakleys but would get them if they are worth it. Zeal seems to be pretty cheap but might be just as good? I was thinking of Aspect or Link models, come with both rose and yellow lenses that can be swapped. The others I think about are Spy Blizzards, Bugz Batz (I like the style, silver over rose lens, look pretty dope) and Electric. I might also go with Arnette or Smith but they are not high on my list

Thanks and more power to you

ivo

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't go expensive. I got a pair of 50 buck smiths, and they have never fogged up, ever. They don't have excessive airflow, and they are comfy. Yellow lens. For glaciers in summer you want something dark, glacier glasses will probably do fine. Again, don't spend too much.

izlat said:

lummox

you are so concerned with being / acting gay - deep down you are afraid you are gay yourself.

thats it. if you bend over in front of me you risk a homoprobe. yelrotflmao.gifthe_finger.gifmoon.gif

actually i just despise the fact that you got gangs of fucking eyewear and you be concerned about getting more. send soma your disposable income my way.

that's what I thought about the Wisdoms too - thanks!

as for the beer goggles - i don't drink beer... vodka, scotch, bourbon, etc - that's my stuff.

lum - in case you didn't get this: i have no goggles and all the shades I have are worth crap if weather turns bad. also, I have accumulated the shades over a period since '96

thank you all guys

lummox said:

you have at least three pairs of sunglasses and know the name of each = youre gay or gay acting. whynt you wrap some clear saran wrap around yur head to define a new gay style. rolleyes.gifmoon.gifpitty.gifboxing_smiley.gif

It's already called the vegetarian hot lunch if you add poo.