Yosemite

laddie

i am heading out to yosemite by myself for a job, but am hoping to meet some people to climb with. I was planning on trying to find a campsite and hopefully meeting partners there. I have never been there so i am not sure if this is the best way to hook up with other climbers or if there is places i can post or an online site or something. I know this sounds stupid, but i would appreciate any advice, or info on what it is like.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you working in the Valley or somewhere nearby and plan to go on your days off and climb? There will be a lot of climbers in Camp4 and they have a message board where you can post what you're interested in doing.

Keep in mind that you can only "legally" camp for 7 days total between May 1 and Sep 30 inside the park so either change your name often or meet some locals to find out the current environment on poaching. The tool was out in force earlier this season and cracking down hard with all their new homeland security gizzmos. have fun.

bigdrink.gif

it's going to be HOT!!!!Summer in yosemite sucks! it's hot, large crowds of rv type wankers and in general the place is a zoo. even (semi- friendly) park rangers are complete pricks. so why bother. go there at the end of september/ october. november and winter is very nice on sunny days.

place to find climbing partners is camp 4 (sunnyside camp) or mtn bar room. be on the lookout! high theft ratio during that time of the year

glassgowkiss said:

it's going to be HOT!!!!Summer in yosemite sucks! it's hot, large crowds of rv type wankers and in general the place is a zoo. even (semi- friendly) park rangers are complete pricks. so why bother. go there at the end of september/ october. november and winter is very nice on sunny days.

place to find climbing partners is camp 4 (sunnyside camp) or mtn bar room. be on the lookout! high theft ratio during that time of the year

yur a dumass. fuckin best time of year is in the summer. climb at night by headlamp swim in the river and scam babes during the day. thumbs_up.gif

lummox said:

glassgowkiss said:

yur a dumass. fuckin best time of year is in the summer. climb at night by headlamp swim in the river and scam babes during the day. thumbs_up.gif

yea, if you climb 5.4 and you're a total poser moon.gif don't tell me it is better to climb in 110F then in 65F clownpuncher moon.gif

as far as "scaming babes" it's obvious to me you have never climbed in France, Italy, Czech Republic or Poland. A lot of topless chicks with proper body fat ratio (in comaprison to overweight cali-fucken-fornia-women with bad attitude)- so who is the dumbass? boxing_smiley.gif

check the climbers message board at Camp 4, you'll find partners there. Just make sure they know their shit before plotting something big. Some of my best and worst climbing experiences have been with strangers met in camp 4. Have fun, good luck!

glassgowkiss said:

yea, if you climb 5.4 and you're a total poser moon.gif don't tell me it is better to climb in 110F then in 65F clownpuncher moon.gif

as far as "scaming babes" it's obvious to me you have never climbed in France, Italy, Czech Republic or Poland. A lot of topless chicks with proper body fat ratio (in comaprison to overweight cali-fucken-fornia-women with bad attitude)- so who is the dumbass? boxing_smiley.gif

you have overlooked the white trash tweaker skinny chicks who can suck chrome off a trailer hitch. the kind of chick actually attracted to a climber bum toting a olde jingus 800 40. often found lurking near bridges over the merced. make sure ya gots yur trucktire innertube to offer a float to em. i may be dumb but im not stupid.

the_finger.gif

glassgowkiss said:

lummox said:

glassgowkiss said:

I am SO there!

glassgowkiss said:

lummox said:

glassgowkiss said:

All I have to say is - Fuckin A. thumbs_up.gif

Cpt.Caveman said:

glassgowkiss said:

lummox said:

glassgowkiss said:

All I have to say is - Fuckin A. thumbs_up.gif

it sure sucks to be too poor for airfare.

fat chicks rule. the_finger.gif

glassgowkiss said:

thanks bob. I decided that you are right and i will stay home in june and climb alpine instead of going down there and dealing with that chaos.

and do you got any beta for my ALPS thread? bigdrink.gif

I'll be down there for a week or two in late august if you want to climb then. The ditch (valley) will be hot, but TM will be nice. Conness, Matthes Crest are on the to-do list along with some other goodies.

Also, try posting to supertopo.com. They are pretty valley-centric. There are also a number of NPS folks who climb if you ask around. There are some awesome swimming holes tucked away near ElPortal for those hot days after work... just make sure you know what poison oak looks like.

You working for the National Parking Service?

EROCK THAT SITE SUCKS..

LOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE AND IT SEZ REPOSRTED FROM MAMMOTH...THATS A LONG WAYS FROM THE DITCH/

CHECK THE NPS SITE FOR A BETTER WEATHER SITE.

IF IT AINT NOAA, IT AINT SHIT