Trees and Index

AlpineK

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spinx doesnt climb at Index so he doesn't have a valid firsthand opinion. Lambone is just retarded. If you chop a tree he'd secretly like the work done anyway blush.gif

I think the areas you mentioned would be great. All the so called "ecosystem lovers\protectors" can just go away. boxing_smiley.gif

AlpineK--

I vote for cutting down trees. Index needs to be cut back and cleaned out. Let me know if I can help. Also, I'd suggest connecting w/ Andy Fitz and the Access Fund before hand just to make sure some trimming won't jepordize our access.

I'm a tree hugger, but we're not talking about a grove of old growth cedars. Cut it down! thumbs_up.gif

AlpineK said:

Are you cutting down 20 trees to park your boat behind your megahome in the suburbs? wazzup.gif

Lambone has other problems besides being from the land where, "Men are men and sheep are scared." ....he's not even a member of the KTK even though he came up with the name. tongue.gif

Not to worry. Leave that to the sheep. bigdrink.gif

I have a chainsaw and tree climbing gear. Yep. Spurs.

I'm for liberal yet tasteful cutting back of trees at Index.

Get permission and set a date.

I went and checked out that tree at the base of Godzilla today. It is definitely in the way of the trail, and the canopy hangs over the start of the route in such a way that I bet it is the primary source for all that drip and drool that plagues it 310 days a year. Michelle will probably find she has an easier time getting started on the climb if you remove that tree.

Trees are the enemy! (Just ask anybody named Sven who lives in in Ballard.)

mattp said:Trees are the enemy! (Just ask anybody named Sven who lives in in Ballard.)

yelrotflmao.gif Yah, sure you betcha, that must be the most tree deprived residential section of the city. I'd heard it was due to home heating needs during the depression, but it could just be Scandahoovian anal rententive tidiness, eh? Trees are so messy. yellaf.gif

When I moved there, I learned very quickly that absolutely nothing good can come from having a tree in your yard - or your neighbor's. They drop leaves, birds sit in them and crap on your car, they might fall on your house, and they cause moss to grow. There was one real tree on our entire block, right behind my house but on the neighbor's lot accross the alley, and all I wanted to do was to cut it down! Tree's are the enemy - I'm telling you.

I'm not looking to transform our new neighborhood. It would be a losing battle because the trees will win in the end anyway. I would gladly go out to Index to help with some "clean up," though. There, some judicious pruning could make quite a difference.