bouldering?

Fence_Sitter

erik said:

ya know getting ultra tight shoes will only harm you in the long run.

yeah, well too bad for me then. the first pair of velcro's i got were the next size up and they were too loose. it's not my fault 5.10 doesn't offer euro half-sizing for a more precise fit!!!

Distel32 said:

TLG- work is aid......

yeah. financial aid. tongue.gif

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

obviously 5.10 shoes are not the correct ones for you.

weird how people buy shoes according to what others say, when you are the only person wearing those shoes.

buy what fits your foot properly and not what others say works the best.

there are comparable shoes in all manufacures lines, and if shoes are the reason you cannot send, well then i would say..um........nevermind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARE YOU SAYING MY SHOES ARE NOT RIGHT FOR ME BECAUSE THEY'RE TIGHT? SO WHAT ... I SHOULD GO OUT AND BY SOME SIZE 13 BUNNY SLIPPERS? MY VELCRO'S FIT ME FINE, THANK YOU.

WEIRD HOW SOME PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW WHAT'S RIGHT/WRONG FOR YOU BY MIS-READING AND INCORRECTLY ANALYZING POSTS ON CC.COM.

PLEASE TAKE IT PERSONAL. I AM SPEAKING IN GENERAL. I SAW WHAT YOU TWO POSTED AND I MADE A STATEMENT.

THIS IS FOR EVERYONE. IT COMES FROM WHAT I HAVE LEARNED. THIS IS AN EXCHANGE OF IDEAS ON WHAT POSSIBLY WILL WORK AND MAKE OTHERS CLIMBING EXPERIENCES BETTER.

erik said:

PLEASE TAKE IT PERSONAL.

I DID ... BECAUSE YOU SAID TO ME (AND I QUOTE):

obviously 5.10 shoes are not the correct ones for you.

IF YOU WANT TO MAKE GENERALIZATIONS THEN GENERALIZE. HELL, WHY DON'T YOU GO START YOUR OWN THREAD ABOUT THE CORRECT FIT OF ROCK SHOES?

sorry to bust your thread distel. hmm ... all this talk about velcro's makes me wish i had mine on right now. mmm. i'm going to be so jealous of you tomorrow!!!

(ps - rumr, thanks for "making" me buy those butt-ugly shoes!)

Hey wasn't this thread about bouldering? has anyone been out to Gold Bar? any info on what it is like or how to get there?

have fun over in 11worth. i already find it pretty crowded over there, is it more fun when it is really crowded?

Yeah dude for sure, at 7 when it's cooling down a little (yeah right) we should hit up mountain home road. I haven't been out there yet and I don't want to be in the middle of day.

Erik: I bought a pair that wasn't too tight, and they did stretch! Even though they are synthetic, they still stretch, and these shoes attest to that. I dropped down to the next smallest size and there was quite a large difference. But now that they are stretched out they aren't blindingly right anymore. I hear ya about foot surgery, but the bigger ones really did stretch much more than I imagined. Sportivas are too loose in the heel also.

I think you have my cell # szyj..?? hahaha.gif

cman said:

Hey wasn't this thread about bouldering? has anyone been out to Gold Bar? any info on what it is like or how to get there?

have fun over in 11worth. i already find it pretty crowded over there, is it more fun when it is really crowded?

Gold bar is closed pretty much until they are done logging, or that's what my friends have told me. I don't know about leavenworth bouldering being crowded!? Past few weeks when I've been there on weekends I've only seen 5 other people in 3 days, and I knew almost all of them! Bouldering is more fun anyway when you're hanging out in a group. Also depends on what boulders you go to.

CMAN

THE BOULDERING OUT AT GLDBAR IS COOL BUT KINDA LIMITED RIGHT NOW.

THERE IS THE BOULDER RIGHT ON THE S SIDE OF HWY2, NEAR THE RED? OR GREEN BRIDGE TAKE OUT FOR THE SKY. YOU CAN PLAINLY SEE IT AS YOUR DRIVE BY. KEWL BOULDER WITH QUITE A FEW INTERESTING PROBLEMS. THERE ARE A FEW OTHERS IN THE IMMAEDIATE AREA ACCESSED FROM THE HWY.

ALSO PARK AT ZEKES AND LOOK UP ZEKES WALL TO THAT BEAUTIFUL CLEARCUT AND YOU WILL SEE SEVERAL MAGNIFICENT BOULDERS. CANT GO THERE TILL THE LOGGING STOPS, BUT AFTER THAT THE ACCESS SHOULD BE EASIER SINCE THERE ARE NOW ROADS ALL THE WAY TO THEM. THE SKY RIVER VALLEY HAS BETTER BOULDERING THEN ALL OF WASHINGTON AND PROLLY RIVALS ALOT OF SQUAMISHES CLASSICS. YOU JUST HAVE TO FIND IT AND GARDEN IT.

bigdrink.gif

Distel32 said:

Yeah dude for sure, at 7 when it's cooling down a little (yeah right) we should hit up mountain home road. I haven't been out there yet and I don't want to be in the middle of day.

Erik: I bought a pair that wasn't too tight, and they did stretch! Even though they are synthetic, they still stretch, and these shoes attest to that. I dropped down to the next smallest size and there was quite a large difference. But now that they are stretched out they aren't blindingly right anymore. I hear ya about foot surgery, but the bigger ones really did stretch much more than I imagined. Sportivas are too loose in the heel also.

big tip on sizing shoes (boreal, sportiva, and 5.10)...the 1/2 size increment w/in a band is the SAME Length as the whole size, but the volume is reduced. ie. a 5.5 size is the same length as a 5, but a larger volume. a 6 is actually a longer shoe...

RuMR said:

Distel32 said:

big tip on sizing shoes (boreal, sportiva, and 5.10)...the 1/2 size increment w/in a band is the SAME Length as the whole size, but the volume is reduced. ie. a 5.5 size is the same length as a 5, but a larger volume. a 6 is actually a longer shoe...

Yeah but I went from a US 8 to a 7.5 so there was definitely a little toe jamming.