bouldering?

Fence_Sitter

so i went to index and after i was climbing i did some buoldering... i have to admit it was pretty fun... wondering if a boulderer owuldn't mind showing a newbie around... i have no idea wehre bouldering is or have a crashpad or any of that jazz... PM me if you wanna go crank on some rock...

and no...i am not a convert...i just wanna get strong... the_finger.gifyellaf.gif

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Distel32 said:

I'm heading to Ltown friday and sunday of next week. try to borrow a pad if you can, there are a few landings that are squamish style.

Driving there on Fri and Sun, WOW that is a lot of driving.

those landings aren't that bad most of the original areas but some of the boulders if someone doesn't stop you after you falloff you could end up rolling down the slope...sooo scarry! hellno3d.gifbigdrink.gif

Fence_Sitter said:

so i went to index

hey, where you there on saturday? 'cause i saw some people bouldering there ... and maybe one of them was you! wink.gif

Distel32 said:

squam or joe's valley for a few days leaving sunday morning if anyone has some time off for a 4-5 day trip.

oh, dude!!! joe's valley is THE SHIT for bouldering. one day there was what made me come back and buy a bouldering pad. if only i didn't have to work. i'm losing my job at the end of the month, though. go again in july! smile.gif it will be HOT as HELL but that's what mornings and evenings are for anyway, right?

i think i may have seen you TLG...were you the smelly hippie bouldering the sick 5.4 alternate start to the lizard? that is a sweet hemp crash pad you have there... i think the red yellow and green color pattern is a bit much tho... but your 18 inch dreds are killer... yellaf.gif

oh, yeah, that was SO me! wink.gif stop by and say hi next time and i'll let you smell my dreads up close. (trust me; it's quite intoxicating - might even make you hallucinate, and how could that EVER be a bad thing!) i'll even give you one of my special homemade cow-cud brownies if you give me a nice foot massage. (you know how painful those anasazi velcros can be after being barefoot all day long!)

i was climbing at this overhanging crag that had bat shit on the ledges a few years back. some college kids there were going on about how the batshit was supposed to be the best thing for starting dreads. hats off to the jokester who started that rumor.

thumbs_up.gifyelrotflmao.gifthumbs_up.gif

iain, i think jah would repsect the fact that i am calling out all the wanna bes and making them prove themselves.

plus i have already "celebrated my love, with the spirit mother earth and the energies in which provide our souls the enlightment of being!"

dred are fucking nasty!!!!

When on Kauai last year I overheard some guy talking on a pay phone to his buddy like 'oh dude you'll never believe this, I saw a doctor and he said I've got he worst cases of head lice ever, how the hell did that happen'? Came around the corner to see the longest nappiest dreads ever, ugh.

thelawgoddess said:

oh, yeah, that was SO me! wink.gif stop by and say hi next time and i'll let you smell my dreads up close. (trust me; it's quite intoxicating - might even make you hallucinate, and how could that EVER be a bad thing!) i'll even give you one of my special homemade cow-cud brownies if you give me a nice foot massage. (you know how painful those anasazi velcros can be after being barefoot all day long!)

yellaf.gif

i wish!!! it'll be just like bouldering in the desert - except the rock will feel different. smile.gif too bad i have to work and can't afford to call in sick. frown.gif

and who's trashing anasazi velcros? aside from the fact that they are about the ugliest shoes on the market ... and they make my toes hurt because they're a wee bit too tiny ... they kick ass! laugh.gif

oh I know all too well about getting tight shoes. My current outdoor only pair is testing the limits of torture. For the first two weeks I had them I couldn't even get them on. I had to stretch them out a bit with old glass coke bottles, but now they are perfect!!!

They aren't the best looking, but they could be worse Geek_em8.gif

TLG- work is aid......

ya know getting ultra tight shoes will only harm you in the long run. with the asymetrical design of shoes now a days, the required painful fit for performance is no longer an issue.

my good friend has had foor surgery due to wearing painfully tight shoes for years. he know can only wear board lasted jobs.

and plus if yuo dont buy them painfully tight, they will not stretch as much. especially anasazis since they are synthetic and not leather, they stretch less!!