Flying to Spain

daler

Yo wankers,

I heading to spain in the fall to clip some bolts on southern spain limestone.

Do any of you have experience with Iberia air?

Forrest have you flown with them and if not what is your beta on cheap air to Spain. I think you have the inside scoop!!

thanks in advance,

dale

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

daler said:

Yo wankers,

I heading to spain in the fall to clip some bolts on southern spain limestone.

Do any of you have experience with Iberia air?

Forrest have you flown with them and if not what is your beta on cheap air to Spain. I think you have the inside scoop!!

thanks in advance,

dale

Iberia's a nice airline, and over 50% of the jets at Barajas are Iberian. If your looking for cheap airfare there - go in February/March, when no one else is heading to Europe.

I booked one RT flight to Heathrow thru Delta or United and a separate flight from Heathrow to Barcelona via Iberia. It was a couple hundred $$ cheaper than booking the whole trip thru one airline.

Late Sept was still too hot to do much climbing at Costa Blanca during much of the daytime, should have gone to Mont Serrat.

Take a mask and snorkel or buy cheap ones there. Rest days (Beaches!) at Sitges and Calpe rock! Climb the Penon de Ilfach at Calpe. Calpe/Penon Check out the Toix sea cliffs!

i've found that, usually, tickets to europe drop in price (a lot) after october 1.

the last couple of times we've gone to spain, the cheapest flight we found was the united/lufthansa then spanair combo from seattle-copenhagen-madrid. on the other hand, our spanair flight on the way home has been delayed enough to miss our connecting flight home twice. (this is not really so bad, 'cause you get a free night in copenhagen, but it plays havoc with your work schedule if you were supposed to be back in the office on a certain day...)

i think getting the same airline to be cheapest several times in a row is just coincidence, though. i think the best way to get good price is to do your homework, i.e. check several websites and call several different travel agents. when you get quoted a price, go to that airline's website, and see if they have a web special on the same itinerary. i've knocked an extra $50 off tickets twice that way.

sorry, no magic, just elbow grease.

ps. you guys should think about the ne coast if the south is really hot, i.e. montserrat, siurana, montenejos, each about 1.5 hours apart from just north of barcelona down to near valencia. siuranna, esp., can be cooler 'cause it's near the ocean.

Dwayner has been on Iberia dozens of times. Usually from and to London. You can get a cheap ticket from Seattle to London on British Airways in the winter, and then on Iberia to Madrid, Barcelona or wherever. I've also been on Iberia direct to Madrid from Chicago (starting with a partner airline - American? - in Seattle).

Iberia be a pretty good airline....when they're not on strike! Good service, decent food, competent pilots, usually on-time.

- Dwayner bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif