Portland Pub Club 6-3

wayne

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hold on, I'll have to check with the little lady (and the female house guest). If it was up to me, you would all be over at my place getting drunk every night. I think I should be able to swing a mid week bar-b-q ... maybe Wednesday night.

ja, wendsday or thursday be better...

i got a big backyard but doubt anyone would be interested in having a bbq here b/c:

a. it's in the 'couv

b. i have no grill

c. the grass is balls deep

on the plus side, i do have a cyclindrical glass object which holds water and facilitates a magical healing process...also there's a shitload of space and i've yet to piss my neighbors off as much as i want to

Wednesday or Thursday definately. I have no room for a gathering of more than a few people (and even that would require me to move all my climbing stuff out of my living room...) Depending on where and how many people are going to show, I'd be willing to procure a vast quantity of beer stored in a large container, aka, the keg.

Wed. works better cause I gotta go to PA for a wedding that weekend and don't want to deal with cleaning up after a bunch of animals the day I leave. Otherwise I'll come home from a long weekend to plastic cups full of shew spit and skunked beer and rotting leftovers on my picnic table.

Hey all, our out of town guest, the esteemed god of Portland rock and ice Wayne Wallace, politely asked for a gathering on the day he will be in our fair city.... Tuesday 6/3.

If the first annual PDX climber BBQ is held on a Wednesday, it will have to be another week.

Lets get something together next Tuesday while Wayne is in town. I suggest something different. We skip out of work a little early and head out to Edgefield, play the short course and see how many balls we can whack into the blackberry bushes, then adjourn to the bar and blame our shitty golf game on the fact that we climb every weekend.

MtnHigh said:

Hey all, our out of town guest, the esteemed god of Portland rock and ice Wayne Wallace, politely asked for a gathering on the day he will be in our fair city.... Tuesday 6/3.

If the first annual PDX climber BBQ is held on a Wednesday, it will have to be another week.

Lets get something together next Tuesday while Wayne is in town. I suggest something different. We skip out of work a little early and head out to Edgefield, play the short course and see how many balls we can whack into the blackberry bushes, then adjourn to the bar and blame our shitty golf game on the fact that we climb every weekend.

Sounds good Pete, but since I haven't climbed for shit in the last month I guess I'll be kicking all yous asses at the putt putt and blame my shitty climbing on my stellar golf game. yellaf.gif

ivan said:

on the plus side, i do have a cyclindrical glass object which holds water and facilitates a magical healing process...

You always have the receptacle--ever have anything to fill it?

I'd offer up my place but I have class that night. TG and I were talking the other day about putting together a BBQ with his special brew and grilled salmon but had not settled on a date.

So whats the plan? Winter's house or debauchery at Sassy's?

All right, so the official plan is a bar-b-q my house on Wed. night starting whenever you all want to come hang out. Bring your own food. I'll have the grill fired up. If we get drunk enough, Sassys and the fine establishments on Powell or just a short stumble away.

TG, will you be in town and/or can you supply beer or should we put Ursa Eagle on that? No problem either way.

My house:

3024 SE 26th Avnue

Its on SE 26th between Clinton and Powell just a couple of blocks south of Clinton Street Theatre.

PM me if you want the phone number.

bigdrink.gif and HCL.gif

Winter said:

All right, so the official plan is a bar-b-q my house on Wed. night starting whenever you all want to come hang out. Bring your own food. I'll have the grill fired up. If we get drunk enough, Sassys and the fine establishments on Powell or just a short stumble away.

TG, will you be in town and/or can you supply beer or should we put Ursa Eagle on that? No problem either way.

My house:

3024 SE 26th Avnue

Its on SE 26th between Clinton and Powell just a couple of blocks south of Clinton Street Theatre.

PM me if you want the phone number.

bigdrink.gif and HCL.gif

what kind of hi-fi equipement do you have??

Winter said:

I had planned to come out Thursday. Normaly, I can't make it earlier in the week but I think that I might be able to leave here Wed. around noon next week. If so, I'll definately bring more than all the beer we need.

I'll confirm on Monday. I look forward to seeing all you guys - cheers

rbw1966 said:

it ain't easy when you just a poor white boy from the deep south

shit, denali time is close...reckon i better start shaking the bushes for the rasta bivi kit soon...looks like i might need extra for the flight in now

ivan said:

rbw1966 said:

shit, denali time is close...reckon i better start shaking the bushes for the rasta bivi kit soon...looks like i might need extra for the flight in now

TALKEETNA HAS EVERYTHING YOU WILL NEED!

erik said:

ivan said:

rbw1966 said:

TALKEETNA HAS EVERYTHING YOU WILL NEED!

You can't make the scene without the green. I wouldn't count on scoring in talkeetna unless you know someone. Its a different world up there. I also wouldn't advise on a trip to denali without the proper safety supplies. Sell some plasma and load up holmes.