Erden on Denali

Rodchester

klenke said:

Alrighty then. I have the right to be "officially" jealous now. Congrats guys...except for Chris & Jeremy I guess.

Paul - It's not about the summit man. It's about the experience. Hiking into base camp rather than fly was a big adventure I am sure and the whole expedition experience is a great opportunity. So Chris and Jeremy didn't summit? So what they accomplished a lot.

bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifrockband.gif

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

darkstar said:

I thought that Chris and Jeremy were climbing the Cassin Ridge? Or was this some other Jeremy from Seattle? confused.

That's a different Jeremy - Jeremy Wilson was planning on doing the Cassin. We met him up at 14k where he was acclimating and caching supplies. He was doing well when we last saw him, and we all wish him the best of luck!

bigdrink.gif

It was really wonderful to finally put some faces with Avatars and meet everyone in person. Our group placed 3 out of our 5 team members on the summit, and although some may consider this climb a walk-up with the masses (which I can attest it is not) it was one of the greatest experiences in mky life. The views are undescribable, the people we met along the way were amazing (except for ze German coming down the fixed lines from 16,200 to 15,500) and the mountain stands alone in a sea of hundreds on NorthCascades ranges with thousands of routes and potential first ascents. The Alaska Range is truly a remarkable place that I will always hold close.

It was also good to celebrate with Erden, Cory, and Eddie on the summit and continue the celebration to basecamp, to Talkeetna, to the West Rib, to the Fairview, and finally making it to The Teepee at 4am where we proceeded to close up shop and our evening of debauchery at 5am. Now that is a Pub Club! Almost 12 hours of continuous drinking! Pictures, I am sure, will soon rear their ugly heads, and all I have to say is thank god I don't plan on running for office (Biff Bowen either). Looking forward to seeing you in the mountains this summer.