Adventures in group dynamics

dryad

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CBS,

It sounds like you were acting the part of A in your story, though you were able to calm yourself down. How would you have felt if those guys who couldn't plunge step started treating you like a kid? I'll bet it wouldn't have helped much.

catbirdseat said:

Things I might have said: "Yeah, it sucks but there isn't anything we can do about it. Hey, look at that eagle over there."

I tried my best to do stuff like that. But A was pretty insane and thoroughly unable to cope with anything that was not to her liking. It went way beyond just being frustrated with the slow pace.

I think the best way to handle someone like that is whatever your normal response would be. If you are a tough guy bad ass, have at them. If you take the more laid back route, that works too. The people who are strongly type A will ususally either

a - eventually calm down and see they are being an ass

b - self destruct and run down the trail screaming

c - both

Looks like Catturd went for c. hahaha.gif

catbirdseat said:

A had a Type A personality.

You're confusing a Type A---a driven, high-energy, focused person---with an emotional moron or a someone with a personality disorder. Type A's are workaholics, not screaming jerks. A Type A's inclination to be frustrated with stasis or other's inertia doesn't mean the Type A will react like a freakin asswipe. Dryad's "person A" lacks emotional intelligence & has some sort of degenerate social maladaption.

This past weekend I went on a backpacking trip on the Chelan Lakeshore Trail with persons Pokey, Gumbie, Happy, and Cheerleader (the organizer). The entire trip was TOTAL FUCKING HELL!!!!

First thing, we fucking sit at the car, next to the fucking honeybuckets because Pokey can't get her fucking boots to fit right rolleyes.gif. Then once we DO get going she just drags her fucking ass because she's got like a goddamned espresso maker and 3 GPS's in her fuckin' black behemoth backpack. Then if THAT isn't enough, Gumbie is also crawling along 'cause he obviously eats too many damn donuts and sits in fuckin' air conditioning 24 hours a day, because he can't deal with the fucking SUN!!! JEEZUS, and the guy is wearing black polypro! rolleyes.gif The guy needs to fuckin cower at each bit of shade and "rehydrate" rolleyes.gif. He is sweating liters. You can't get any where fuckin near him or he dribbles on you. Fuckin' gag me.

So anyway, this is obviously FUCKING PISSING ME OFF. I just fuckin' slaved the whole goddamned week,to get 3 days off in a row, and I'm ready to enjoy it, and here I gotta sit next to fukcin portapotty getting bit by bugs while some whiny dink adjusts her "sock system". rolleyes.gif. At least it's sorta funny to watch the cheerleader be all nice and perky and upbeat yellaf.gif, when I can tell that inside she's just as pissed at the slug contingent as me! Anyway, we get going a little faster cause Happy takes the black behemoth from Pokey who now understands the goddamned reason people actually think for a fuckin' minute or two about what kind of useless shit they'll leave home instead of dragging it EIGHT MILES OUT INTO THE WILDERNESS!!!! And, finally we really get to cruise when we drop the Gumbie. He says he'll "get up early, and catch up." Yeah. Right. rolleyes.gif. Whatever. Later dude! yellaf.gif

We finally get to start moving, but it's getting late cause we've wasted 4 hours waiting on Gumbie and I'm starting to bonk. I need some food, but I don't want to eat some gob of sugar that will give me this big insulin surge. I'm letting the others know I need to eat, but NOW, OH NO, all of a fuckin sudden THEY are concerned about getting to our destination within the next week. I say, "OH Great, where were you little hurryheads the last fucking eight hours!!" Now I wanna stop, but NO, the same fuckers I've had to drag a-fucking-long now want to go on. Just goes to show ya...madgo_ron.gif Well FINE!!!! JUST FUCKING FINE!!!! We hump it a a mile or two more and finally come to a place where all these fuckers are happy to "lay their mats" rolleyes.gif. Of course, it's a fuckin' mile from water, but they say they'll go fetch it. So we stop.

We dump our shit in the dirt at this totally dumb spot Happy heads off to get some water. Then Cheerleader suddenly decides to GO too to "fill some water jugs" once she realizes that if she doesn't, she'll be alone with me (who just pissed her off by calling her "perky") and the comatose Pokeyhellno3d.gif. Great, now I'm sittin' in the dirt with Pokey, who's got her eyes rolled back in their sockets. I guess it's up to fuckin' me to set every-fuckin'-thing all up. FINE!!! Fucking FINE!!! I'll set their fucking tent up! Then they take like a fucking hour to get 5 jugs of water and when finally do come back they start acting a little miffed about me not rolling out their goddamned sleeping bags. They start hinting around that since they got the water maybe I could boil it up. FUCK YOU!!!! I'll just eat cold before I let you blackmail me just because you took a fucking hour to pump me a bottle of water. I'd rather spit my share on you than be your kitchen help madgo_ron.gif.

Those fuckers are lucky I didn't fucking whack one of 'em in the head while they were sleeping when I went out to piss that night. They might not be too happy though when they figure out WHERE I pissed yellaf.gif.

to be continued!!!! madgo_ron.gif