PubClub tonight?

mattp

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're talking about Hatties, I think its an OK place -- and usually not very smokey in that back room where they serve food (to get there, just hold your breath as you run past the bar up front). Personally, I'd prefer some location a wee bit closer to I-5, but Hatties would work.

Dick and Dave just opened the new Elysian pub, the Tangletown, in the old Honeybear Bakery site (corner of N 55TH Street AND Meridian.) That's closer to I-5. Good menu, great beer, clean taps, plenty of space... parking sucks.

I'll go to the Latona. Jules? you gonna join us since that's one of your favorite joints?

Hey what time are ya'll gonna show up? (Except ChucK since I know that's 10ish) I've waited 'till after 7:30 the last couple times I figured 7ish was it. The locals at Latona are probably cooler than the creepy drunk ones at the Sloop though... cantfocus.gif

chucK said:

Toast said:

clean taps,

What the hell does that mean confused.gif Are you saying that Hattie's, Latona and/or the Wedgewood Alehouse have dirty taps?

Jeesh chucK, don't read so much into it rolleyes.gif

All the guys above have clean taps. However the same can't be said of all pubs in town. The Alki is one, yech. I never get a beer that tastes the same there. Just think of the urinals... nuf said.

There's actually a specialized trade that's evolved around tap cleaning. The better pubs in town will schedule these guys in once a week. The scuzzier joints in town are more like once every two or three weeks... hence, sometimes the beer's fine, sometimes its nasty.

jules said:

Trashed my legs in the run down the mtn in the Ski to Sea this weekend, don't think I'll be making p.c. tonight unless I can do better than a hobble by the time I get home!

Super fun race, tho, worth the pain!

Sounds like you could use a pint or two to help ease the suffering. You can bring the devil dog and a box of dog biscuits and we'll send an emissary out to the bike rack every ten minutes or so.